What's new

GW Button!!!

Old School Evan

Tenderfoot
Joined
May 26, 2011
Messages
6
Reaction score
1
Golden Thread
0
Location
Historic Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Went out to a large site with several cellars yesterday with my buddy JW15 and to our dismay we found that all the cellars were previously well hunted... Despite this, the day was not lost, JW15 ended up pulling several nice buckles and a Conneticut Copper. I also found a 1788 Conneticut copper, and some sweet buttons. Nearing the end of the day I was just detecting minding my own business on the very outskirts of a cellar site near the base of a hill when I get a fairly decent signal, not a dead ringer I am a large copper dig me signal, but a fairly decent signal worthy of definitely digging. Anyways it was right up against the base of a tree, and had a mass of roots in my way. It took a good 5-10 mins to even get to this object. I finally pulled out my prize and was pretty psyched to see I had pulled a nice large frock button!!! I then yelled out to JW15 that I had pulled a frock, and then proceeded to wipe it a little to see if I had any patterning. Low and behold I see two undescipherable letters in the center of the button. I got very excited and ran to JW15. I defintely wanted him to witness this moment if this was really going to be one of the most coveted relics I have been looking for. I finally wiped the button again and what appears but a "GW" in large bold lettering in the center of the button!!! I definitely was psyched and hooted and hollered in amazement. I am just still in shock that I actually pulled something personally touched and handed out by General George Washington!!! Anyone have any ideas on how to clean this properly??? So far I have only soaked it in hot water because I am too petrified to clean it with anything else at the moment...

Happy Hunting,

-Evan
 

Attachments

  • gw2.webp
    gw2.webp
    38.9 KB · Views: 3,635
Upvote 0
Congratulations Evan! A GW Inagural has been on my list for a long time. I've never heard of one being found out here in Western PA, but I know there has to be a few lurking around here somewhere!
 
awesome! welcome to the GW club! My 3 i cleaned lightly with warm water,liquid soap & a soft toothbrush
 
Congradulations on the Banner find.
 
You have the 1 find I'll be forever hunting for...Congrats on a super find :notworthy:
 
Evan...I still can't believe it, that's one of the coolest things I've ever seen! :hello2: I've only been detecting since July of 2010 but I will never forget seeing those letters appear on that button. We gotta go back and pound that place like it owes us money! :wink: Besides, I was wrong on my copper count, I still need 2 to hit 30 ::) :thumbsup:
 
sang to da tune of batman da da da banner da da da da banner da da da da da banner da da da banner da da da da banner da da da da da banner da da da banner da da da da banner da da da da da banner da da da banner da da da da banner da da da da da banner da da da banner da da da da banner da da da da da banner da da da banner da da da da banner da da da da da banner da da da banner da da da da banner da da da da da banner da da da banner da da da da banner da da da da da banner da da da banner da da da da banner da da da da da banner da da da banner da da da da banner da da da da da banner da da da banner da da da da banner da da da da da banner da da da banner da da da da banner da da da da da banner da da da banner da da da da banner da da da da da banner da da da banner da da da da banner da da da da da banner da da da banner da da da da banner da da da da da banner da da da banner da da da da banner da da da da da banner da da da banner da da da da banner da da da da da banner da da da banner da da da da banner da da da da da banner da da da banner da da da da banner da da da da da banner da da da banner da da da da banner da da da da da banner da da da banner da da da da banner da da da da da banner da da da banner da da da da banner da da da da da
 
:o Congrats on the GW :headbang: "Dream Find " :thumbsup: and Welcome :hello2: 8) :icon_sunny: dawg
 
Very Nice Button-Its great having a piece of American history to pass down to the kids. I dug mine last Year.
 
I want to tell a story like that ;D

A GW buttton is one of the highest on my list :thumbsup:

Persistence paid off..


Blaze
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom