What's new

Had a cardiac moment....

Pudsbrat

Full Member
Joined
Aug 21, 2004
Messages
230
Reaction score
76
Golden Thread
0
Location
Mena Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250,Garrett ProPointer....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Was hunting my neighbor's yard the other day....he and his family had to move out due to storm damage....so I decided to go over and hunt his yard....found lots of clad and then hit a wheat patch and found several wheaties....then I got THE SIGNAL.....dug down and found a Merc....thought it was one from the 40's....nope....was a 1916.....flipped it over and prayed....it has an S....NO D.....oh well I guess it is still a good find.....worth $20....I will take it....see ya later...... :icon_thumleft:
 
Upvote 0
Trainer....It's OK ...I didnt take offense to what you said.....I never,ever go on someone's property without permission....guess I was just raised right.....my post may have sounded like I was trying to be sneaky...but I dont do that....I was raised to hold doors open for ladies, give your seat up to a lady.....and I try to be polite and courteous at all times....no harm no fail....and yes I learned a lot from lastleg's old buddy John.....I have been at this hobby for 25 years and I dont know everything....I learn from ones that have been at it longer than me and ones just getting started.....as for you being a Yankee...well we all have things against us.... ;D...just kidding.....but I will tell you I am American by birth, Southern by the grace of God.....but we can all get along....alot of my friends are Yankees.....where I come from, we judge a man by his actions and deeds , not where he was born...see ya later...... :icon_thumleft:
 
Any Merc will do.
 
i know the feeling, ive probably found 15 or more 1916 mercs, i always have great hope when i roll them just to be disappointed. out of all of mine only one had an s the rest was all plain. just remember one day that d is going to be there
 
Pudsbrat spoken like a true gentlemen.

Nice going on the 1916 merc, always nice to make sure the old ticker is still working properly :thumbsup:

I found two 1916 mercs this year, and neither one was the coveted D mint mark, but I'm convinced there's one out there somewhere with my name on it :laughing7:

hh,
Brian
 
Don't you just hate it?

I pulled one '16 Merc, but it's so worn you can only see the raised area of the mint mark. Can't tell if it's a S or a D, it's so worn.

Robin
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom