Had a family intervention yesterday

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So I guess my Yard Sale shopping got out of control. My room was packed full of stuff. A lot of it was trash. Or not worth selling them and needed to go somewhere. My parents came in town and we had a meeting. After they saw my room. This involved my wife, my kids and my parents! 4 hrs. 4!!!... to clean up. I found a whole bunch of things did not even know I had, including $1000 dollars worth of scrap gold jewelry. (it fell out of a drawer when I knocked it off the shelf by accident)

It looks pretty nice now, but I got bad news for them, there are 7 community yard sales tomorrow and I have nothing to do besides go door to door.

Have not seen that much carpet in years.

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1516423013.270871.jpg

Drmad7

Apr 26, 2014
Midwest
Primary Interest:
Other
I am overdue for my annual yard sale. I post it on CL as “Hoarder Intervention Sale”. And I am worse than you, I currently have 5 large office chairs in my living room. Because the family room is full and so is my rear porch. It’s an addition. But your room looks nice! I will start bundling and cleaning up tomorrow! There are no auctions or garage sales, or tag sales. So you will be my inspiration.

Obsessive

Apr 16, 2017
NW Portland, OR
Detector(s) used
XP Deus/MI-6 w/ HF/XF/LF
Tesoro Cibola / Land and Sea pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You might have a problem. Listen to your family or soon you'll have two shipping containers parked in the yard and you'll be shopping for a third because the other two are full. Trust me, I'm from the future. ;D

Rodbuster209

Oct 26, 2010
Northern California
Detector(s) used
MineLab SE, Excaliber 1000, Sovereign, White's SpectrumXLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That’s a great double super score, finding the gold the first time than forgetting about it and finding it again. Good luck on the community sales!

bigcaddy64

Apr 20, 2013
Fullerton, CA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You might have a problem. Listen to your family or soon you'll have two shipping containers parked in the yard and you'll be shopping for a third because the other two are full. Trust me, I'm from the future. ;D

I'm my slightly tired state, I started reading your reply and thought it said "list your family". I guess that's one way to keep them off your back

AlienLifeForm

Bronze Member
Jan 31, 2010
DFW Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-TRAC, Garrett ProPointer, Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Damn, if that photo represents a problem - im in deep doo-doo.

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Who me? :laughing7:. I can relate. I've spent the past year sorting through boxes and separating yard sale from ebay stuff. This past 6 months I was finally able to get rid of my smallest 5x10 storage unit. I have 2- 10x16's still. Several days ago 2 of us spent 6 hours trying to condense everything down to one unit. That was a valiant but laughable effort. I do however have all my tools now separated into one unit. Now I can clear some stuff out of my garage and put in the other unit so I have more than a walkway in there.
Damn, if that photo represents a problem - im in deep doo-doo.
Yeah, even totally "cleaned up" my ebay room is pretty full, the tops of dressers, bookcases, cabinets, inside drawers, under the day bed, closet, walls and all lol. I think I could list for a year and not leave this room, seriously. Maybe I need an intervention, lol.

I won't even mention what I bought today and yesterday. :tongue3:

kingskid1611

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2015
Oklahoma
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dang I am in the same boat, just no one is allowed in my "office". But so you don't feel bad, I bought 2.5 acres with a mobile home and barn on it that I store stuff in....The mobile home is a 5 bedroom and it has a lot in it....:tongue3: Don't worry I spent this weekend going through stuff in my "office", reconnecting with some past finds like you.

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I bought 2.5 acres with a mobile home and barn on it that I store stuff in....

This is what I plan to do, emphasis on the barn or large storage building/workshop/garage. Be a few years yet though. Calls for relocating to another part of the state.

OP
OP
B

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Haha. I didn’t think to take a before picture because I didn’t think it was that bad. But I guess when you rent a house from your parents they can decide tell you what to do. It’s amazing the stuff i packed away . I always think of it as an investment that never gains a return For years.

I did ok. At the sale. couple watches that ill horde. A printer or engraver for jewelry for $20. that suckers worth a lot if I can figure out how to test it and a whole bunch of stuff to stuff in my garage! Bulova was $25.

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1516503356.457012.jpg

OP
OP
B

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dang I am in the same boat, just no one is allowed in my "office". But so you don't feel bad, I bought 2.5 acres with a mobile home and barn on it that I store stuff in....The mobile home is a 5 bedroom and it has a lot in it....:tongue3: Don't worry I spent this weekend going through stuff in my "office", reconnecting with some past finds like you.

I need a vacation.. can i rent a spot and search stuff all day long? That sounds like a good trip.

kingskid1611

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2015
Oklahoma
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I eventually want to build a large pole barn out there to do the scrapping from all these house clean outs I do. But I stay to busy now.......Its an addiction

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Have you no flea markets around there? Boy you'd cash in a lot if you had one like the Mile High Flea market here in Denver. Long ago in the late 70s I'd go to the famous San Jose Flea market. I can only imagine what that place is like now? Could be a fun family activity unloading the junk and in the same time look for more to replace what you sold. Yeah I cleaned my garage last summer. I found a little plastic 35mm film container in a box of stuff I kept. I shook it and yes I had stashed something in it. I found a set 14k white gold of earrings and two small 14k ladies wristwatches. All together there was 9.9 grams of 14k gold I forgot I had. I even found an old art deco LeCoulte folding travel clock. The jeweled movement in it is marked VXN which means it was made by Vacheron Constantine. It's a little ruff shape, but still tic's slowly. Thing is anyone who wants to do intervention with me can kiss my ****. Wife tries from time to time. I just tell her your no help, plus you've no clue this so called crap is valuable, so communicate to me in a way that doesn't sound like complaining and maybe we'll get somewhere?

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread