had Fun before this nasty weather hits

Planet1mars

Feb 18, 2008
Shelby Twp., mi
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Cibola, Tesoro tiger Shark
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dan the man and saginaw Ian and I went on a small hunting trip, had a few small finds Ian found a buffalo and dan found parts of a pocket watch, I did find a small knob and a old latch.. but it was fun we hunted to the moon came out and it was just the smell of the sun set and the walk back to the car they gave the feeling this is going to be a great year for me and a bad one for my lady becuse im not going to be home as much...I told her im haveing an affair with tesoro... anyone who is going to attend dan's spring hunt , Your going to have fun.. It just sucks today and tomorrw the weather will be bad,But at least i got a first full hunt :icon_jokercolor: Ill post my finds when there cleaned up a little

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
Sounds like you guys had a blast! That's what it's all about. Can't wait till that group hunt! FFD

OP
OP
Planet1mars

Planet1mars

Feb 18, 2008
Shelby Twp., mi
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It was fun, and wet and dirty, but worth it

DanMI

May 26, 2007
sounds nice. Glad you could get out. It's nasty over here on the west side. HH Dan

Giant056

Silver Member
Jun 10, 2007
Southwest Michigan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Made in U.S.A.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sounds like you had a good time [thumbsup] congrats on the Buffalo!

OP
OP
Planet1mars

Planet1mars

Feb 18, 2008
Shelby Twp., mi
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ian found that... But the great thing was we had my tesoro out there and Dan's e-track and Saginaw Ian's f75 (i think). so it was neat to see what there machines can do.. And i have to say that Dans E-track was very impressive no wrapped wire a nice graphite lower pole and the way that thing locks on a target...And Saginaw Ian's fisher was cool as well.. Ian showed me how it told him if his target was Iron, And the sound it made when i was by him when he hit the nickle.. I think we comb the Heck out of the one area we where at too bad the sun went down

Atlanta Mi Dave

Feb 19, 2009
Atlanta, Michigan
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tigershark and Tesoro Cibola Minelab 505, Etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mike, I'm a Cibola guy too. If I'm locked into listening to it, it will show me some deep secrets! 13 more days before getting out of Florida. Can't Wait! Can't Wait!

OP
OP
Planet1mars

Planet1mars

Feb 18, 2008
Shelby Twp., mi
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
LOL i cant wait to hit florida... i was supposed to go a few weeks ago but had hernia repair but still going just have to wait ill my daughter has time off from school again

SaginawIan

Jun 1, 2006
Detroit, Michigan
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Tesoro Tejon, Tesoro Mojave.
Mike - We did have fun - wish I wouldn't have forgotten my headphones would have been more fun. You forgot to tell them about your pocket knife - that thing was probably very old even though it was busted up. That little knob you found is a good 150 years old I think. We will have to get out again soon. You are right, this should be a great summer!

I went out by myself today for a rainy hunt and only found a wheat penny . . .

Ian

OP
OP
Planet1mars

Planet1mars

Feb 18, 2008
Shelby Twp., mi
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The knife i put by the tree where you found the nickle, just in case... the wood was so badly gone.. I did clean up the knob a little looks cool i have the latch and a hinge cleaning now.. the hinge has some design on it so i want to clean it... it really sucks with this weather, i was itching to go out again today, next warm day I'm off

Ray S S

Silver Member
Nov 18, 2007
Port Huron, Mi.
Detector(s) used
Freedom Ace Coin Commander and Ace 250
Looks like you had a pretty good time. The knife you found, is it like a hunting knife or different?
Wow it sure is windy this morning. 50-60 mile an hour gusts. It is just a-howling, but it is supposed to start warming
up again for the weekend and next week. Well, anyway this wind will help dry the standing water. Sure is a lot of water
laying around.

by the time we get out there, a lot of this water will be gone and it will make for better digging. I still have an inch or so of water all over my back yard. In the front yard it was squishy yesterday. Like walking on a mattress almost.

Ray

OP
OP
Planet1mars

Planet1mars

Feb 18, 2008
Shelby Twp., mi
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
the knife was like for carving.. it was real wood. but it was so broken up. if the wood was attached to the metal i would of tryed to fix it up..

xdanthemanx

Oct 25, 2007
clarkston michigan
Detector(s) used
E-trac & XLT
starting to get the feeling for the ETRAC, i will tell the rest of you this machine goes way down there on even small items.
this weekend is going to be real good

dan

OP
OP
Planet1mars

Planet1mars

Feb 18, 2008
Shelby Twp., mi
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting