What's new

Had to "dress-up" the old predator digger today.

MercMan

Jr. Member
Joined
Sep 15, 2010
Messages
76
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
Location
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, Excalibur II
Had to "dress-up" the old predator digger today.

DSC02304.jpg

DSC02307.jpg

DSC02311.jpg

DSC02309.jpg


2 different powders. A black metallic bases that rainbows and a clear top coat with big color changing flake. Pictures do not really show the effect. It changes color depending on which direction you look at it from.
 
Re: Had to "dress-up" the old predator digger today.

Now for some pinstriping. ;D
 
Re: Had to "dress-up" the old predator digger today.

Not a bad idea....hhhmm..... ;D
 
Re: Had to "dress-up" the old predator digger today.

Now that's cool :thumbsup:

"NCDiggers". . . TV show possibility?
 
Re: Had to "dress-up" the old predator digger today.

Aawwe shucks Now you have to get it dirty.
 
Re: Had to "dress-up" the old predator digger today.

Wow that really looks good! You will really stand out with that digging tool.

I just sprayed mine with dry Teflon spray, and I polish that in so it protects my digging tools . I did not think of spray painting them so they would look nice lol .
 
Re: Had to "dress-up" the old predator digger today.

Wow. That is sharp. Bet that will increase your finds 20%. Folks see you coming they are going to know there goes a first class operation. Good luck and happy hunting. :icon_thumright:
 
Re: Had to "dress-up" the old predator digger today.

Wow! Do you do cars and trucks??
 
Re: Had to "dress-up" the old predator digger today.

I own a powder coating shop and that is what is on the digger. I powder primed it and them put the two other coats on. The large flake are in the top coat of clear. It is a neat effect. I like to play around with my stuff so i know what to tell the customers when they ask for wild combo1.

Our oven is 24' long 12' wide and 12' high. I have done one MG body but most folks do not want to strip a body down far enough to survive the 400 degree heat. Lots of race cars chassis and regular chassis when people restore cars.

If it increases my finds I will let you know! lol
 
Re: Had to "dress-up" the old predator digger today.

MercMan said:
I own a powder coating shop and that is what is on the digger. I powder primed it and them put the two other coats on. The large flake are in the top coat of clear. It is a neat effect. I like to play around with my stuff so i know what to tell the customers when they ask for wild combo1.

Our oven is 24' long 12' wide and 12' high. I have done one MG body but most folks do not want to strip a body down far enough to survive the 400 degree heat. Lots of race cars chassis and regular chassis when people restore cars.

If it increases my finds I will let you know! lol


I had no idea that powder coat came in those kind of colors! Thanks for the info.
 
Re: Had to "dress-up" the old predator digger today.

Look at the company called Prismatic Powders, they have tons of colors.
 
Re: Had to "dress-up" the old predator digger today.

Great post!!!! thanks for showing us :icon_thumleft:
 
Re: Had to "dress-up" the old predator digger today.

Roland58 said:
MercMan said:
I own a powder coating shop and that is what is on the digger. I powder primed it and them put the two other coats on. The large flake are in the top coat of clear. It is a neat effect. I like to play around with my stuff so i know what to tell the customers when they ask for wild combo1.

Our oven is 24' long 12' wide and 12' high. I have done one MG body but most folks do not want to strip a body down far enough to survive the 400 degree heat. Lots of race cars chassis and regular chassis when people restore cars.

If it increases my finds I will let you know! lol



I had no idea that powder coat came in those kind of colors! Thanks for the info.
Here is the base color before I put the large flake on top. I seriously thought about leaving it this color when I pulled it out of the oven.

DSC01676.jpg
 
Re: Had to "dress-up" the old predator digger today.

I hope you had other stuff in the oven when you did this! Heating 3,456 ft³ to 400° F would make for an expensive shovel, especially when you add in the powder costs and three coats!! ;D
 
Re: Had to "dress-up" the old predator digger today.

Just ran it on the back side of other colors. Production never slowed down! :icon_thumright:
 
Re: Had to "dress-up" the old predator digger today.

Now they will see you for miles!

I can see the headlines now, Aliens spotted in North Carolina cornfield carrying reflective sparkly sticks. :D
 
Re: Had to "dress-up" the old predator digger today.

How fast is it from 0 to 60 ------ :whip2:
 
Re: Had to "dress-up" the old predator digger today.

0- 6" is about 4.3 sec! :o

:thumbsup:
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom