Silver Member
Dec 1, 2007
Western, N.C.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600, Bandido UMax II, Fisher F5, Tiger Shark, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Because some inconsiderate num nut pulled the classic "dig a hole and leave the trash next to it". To beat it all, they did this in the equestrian arena where the horse shows are given, located on the rec dept grounds. Now the city comissioners will not even consider or tolerate anyone md at the park. Not knowing this I arrived there in the morning and a county worker was changing out garbage.I asked him which of the fields saw the most activity and where the restrooms were. Not even a bat of the eye he pointed them out and then asked if my heater could pick up gold. I said yes, and he told me of his lost wedding band. I gave him my detecting card and told him to give me a call when he was ready. As he was leaving he mentioned for me to cover my holes and said good luck. Of course I did'nt tell him that was an automatic habit. The entire morning went smooth to where I was finding as many coins as trash ratio. At 12:30 I broke for lunch and after decided to move over to the mens field area. In the pic you see my heater on the ground in the distance. That is where I started and the first hit was the ring. When I was taking the pics thats when the park director drove up and told the story I related to you. He said he was sorry but I could go ask if I wanted. He also said I could go to another section where he would'nt be at but I declined. I told him I did'nt want to cause problems for him or like the one that already had (for us). It never even entered my mind to ask about permission at a "rec park", I will now. It only takes one so lets all remember, cover your holes and remove your trash. Oh yea, the whole time we are talking the hole was open and the ring sitting there in the dirt clod. He never even saw it! Thanks for looking and reading.

Attachments

• 001.JPG
    001.JPG
    547.9 KB · Views: 188
  • 004.JPG
    004.JPG
    733.1 KB · Views: 196
Upvote 4

nsdq

Silver Member
Oct 16, 2011
Tarpon springs FL
Detector(s) used
AT-Pro,Ace 150, flea market digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
well hope it works out for and nice finds , gl on help worker find the ring happy huntinn

silverfreak

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Wherever Silver's Hidin'
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorers and E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice post. Yep...it only takes one dip-weed to ruin it for all of us.???
Nice ring find.

coinhound

Sep 26, 2012
Northwest Ohio
Detector(s) used
White's Spectra VX3, Fisher 1280X Aquanaut, Whites Prizm 5G, Garrett Pro-pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats on your ring find. Sure hope that is was a nice one since it's your last one from there. What a bummer. You know I often hear about people detecting at night and I wonder why? Are they hiding something or don't want the general public to see their bad habits. Just a thought. Anyhow, I hope that you find another honey hole in short order.

Coinhound

White Akuma

May 2, 2012
Dolly Sods, WV
Detector(s) used
Ace 250,
ATGOLD!!
xterra 305
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dang, hate to hear about others mucking it up for you, but maybe showing you're not one of those inconsiderate diggers might help to change minds eventually. Looks and sounds like a good spot.

cti4sw

Bronze Member
Jul 2, 2012
Pennsylvania
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600, Garrett AT Pro, Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Congrats on your ring find. Sure hope that is was a nice one since it's your last one from there. What a bummer. You know I often hear about people detecting at night and I wonder why? Are they hiding something or don't want the general public to see their bad habits. Just a thought. Anyhow, I hope that you find another honey hole in short order.

Coinhound

It might just be that they don't want to deal with stupid people, their bullshit, and their prejudices.

the bone

Jul 8, 2012
michigan
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Coinhound

when i was working second shift night is when i had time to hunt. As far as avoiding the authorities nothing brings the police in quicker than a flashlight in the middle of the park at night i was actually hassled more at night than i ever was in the middle of the day.

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Good going on finding the ring and returning it to the park employee.....maybe you can get their ok to hunt the site off season and clean up the junk for them while you're at it....worth a shot.

Regards + HH

Bill

MrSchulz

Bronze Member
Mar 29, 2012
DeWitt, Iowa
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Custom Recovery tools, Nupla Prb4t Soil Probe 60 IN,
Primary Interest:
Other
It's just common sense to fill your holes.. people are inconsiderate.

leprechaun

Bronze Member
Feb 20, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030; The only metal detector I'll ever need
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
People who don't fill in there holes at a ball park should be flogged. Just my two cents.

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It sucks that there are people so inconsiderate. I think every city has a few. Maybe you can have some talks with the parks dept about recovery methods. Maybe you can get the head person to change thier mind, or maybe only restrict very limited areas.

ragu

Dec 8, 2009
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
We got a guy in our area that digs stuff and leaves it next to his holes... it ticks me off and if I find him he'll get a piece of my mind. Thing is, this guy goes to parks next kids play areas and leaves sharp pieces of metal next to his holes. What a goon.

Gunrunner61

Silver Member
Jan 12, 2011
Dalton,Ga.
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, E Trac, Garrett Pro Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yup! we got one of those here in Dalton..........I've always said that if i ever run up on him........well I might not be able to stop him, But I can damn sure break him of the habit.................................HH to all

CoilFisher

Jul 17, 2011
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I got one up by me like that.
He is a really nice old guy, but he just cannot cut a plug.
He digs these trowel holes and does not do a good job filling them in.
The killer is that I have got good signals and went to cut the plug only to find it is one of his filled "trowel-holes".
Then I find the coin he missed.

If it was me I would have took him up on going to the other side of the park.
They enforce the rules when they have to.
Just like any and all the laws that fill countless books.
I can tell you I have been in pretty much every scenario when being approached.
Good vocabulary, manners, and using your head will keep you in your spots.
Lead by example and DETECT SMART!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread