What's new

Had to send it back, Need some help...

beachboy

Bronze Member
Joined
May 26, 2008
Messages
1,138
Reaction score
29
Golden Thread
0
Location
Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Sand Shark
My Sand Shark died, so I had to send it back. I bought a used Sovereign with 15 inch coil for 300, hope I did well on the price. Bought it from a friend, so the machine works well, he threw in the 10 inch coil for free. I usually do wet sand, because the low tides go way out here in Massachusetts. My friend told me that this machine does well in wet sand. Did I do well on the price? Is this Machine a good backup, till my other is fixed?
 
Upvote 0
backup detector...............i am not walter cronkite, but i got news for u
 
You may not want your number one detector back!.........$300.......you got a steal!! :notworthy:
 
You might consider making the Sand Shark your back up detector instead. The price you got was very low and should have been closer to $600 with the WOT coil too.
 
Soon you'll be saying "Sand Shark.....what Sand Shark??" ;D You got a great deal! Wish I had friends like yours.

HH, Bottlebum
 
I took the Sovereign out today, and I think that I'll make my Sand Shark the Bake Up. That Machine goes really deep. The machine is obviously better than the Sand Shark, yet it is really heavy with the big coil. That is my only complaint, but it did not take me long to understand that the Sovereign kicks butt out there.
Other then the weight, the Sovereign is really better, but I think that you guys already new that, I seem to be the last guy on board with this, well I am convinced after today. Thanks for all your help.
 
sand shark is great on fresh water only..salt water.. nope... even thou they say it will work, ask any of the pro hunters here..they will tell ya the same.. you did great on the soverign.
 
a sov is just an excal without the waterproof control box...you did real good...

you have a true friend there....
 
beachboy said:
I took the Sovereign out today, and I think that I'll make my Sand Shark the Bake Up. That Machine goes really deep. The machine is obviously better than the Sand Shark, yet it is really heavy with the big coil. That is my only complaint, but it did not take me long to understand that the Sovereign kicks butt out there.
Other then the weight, the Sovereign is really better, but I think that you guys already new that, I seem to be the last guy on board with this, well I am convinced after today. Thanks for all your help.
Are you chest or hip-mounting the control box? Helps a lot with the weight. You'll have to get a hip-mount bag to do it though. Which model Sovereign is it?
 
Bottlebum said:
beachboy said:
I took the Sovereign out today, and I think that I'll make my Sand Shark the Bake Up. That Machine goes really deep. The machine is obviously better than the Sand Shark, yet it is really heavy with the big coil. That is my only complaint, but it did not take me long to understand that the Sovereign kicks butt out there.
Other then the weight, the Sovereign is really better, but I think that you guys already new that, I seem to be the last guy on board with this, well I am convinced after today. Thanks for all your help.
Are you chest or hip-mounting the control box? Helps a lot with the weight. You'll have to get a hip-mount bag to do it though. Which model Sovereign is it?


It is a Sovereign xs 2a Pro/ I think it was made in 2000 or so...He kept it in great condition. It is like new. It was his wife's, and unfortunately she passed a few years back.
 
beachboy said:
Bottlebum said:
beachboy said:
I took the Sovereign out today, and I think that I'll make my Sand Shark the Bake Up. That Machine goes really deep. The machine is obviously better than the Sand Shark, yet it is really heavy with the big coil. That is my only complaint, but it did not take me long to understand that the Sovereign kicks butt out there.
Other then the weight, the Sovereign is really better, but I think that you guys already new that, I seem to be the last guy on board with this, well I am convinced after today. Thanks for all your help.
Are you chest or hip-mounting the control box? Helps a lot with the weight. You'll have to get a hip-mount bag to do it though. Which model Sovereign is it?


It is a Sovereign xs 2a Pro/ I think it was made in 2000 or so...He kept it in great condition. It is like new. It was his wife's, and unfortunately she passed a few years back.

Sorry to hear that his wife passed.

If you don't have one, you need the blue. Minelab, hip-mount bag. Wish I could use the blue one rather than the new black bag. The blue bag is a little tight for the GT model though. If you want, I can PM to you a link to a dealer that has one. I'm sure that there are others that might have one but I know this one does for sure.

HH, bottlebum
 
Bootybay said:
sand shark is great on fresh water only..salt water.. nope... even thou they say it will work, ask any of the pro hunters here..they will tell ya the same.. you did great on the soverign.

You have the Sand Shark(PI) confused with the Tiger Shark(VLF)

Sand Shark works great in salt water. :thumbsup:
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom