What's new

Had to trade my knife for a shovel

DANGLANGLEY

Silver Member
Joined
Oct 3, 2006
Messages
3,120
Reaction score
155
Golden Thread
0
Location
Lillian, Alabama, U.S.A.
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My first trip out with my new Minelab SE was an eye opener. I was used to the Ace 250 and had a big knife to dig with. I got out in my yard (1922 farm house yard) with the SE and soon found out that I was going to be digging deeper than I could with my knife. I drug out the shovel after a couple of holes. Some parts of my yard has been filled in to level it and there's stuff over a foot deep. The only real interesting thing I found was about 10 inches deep and came in loud and as what I thought was a silver dollar signal. It was showing 00-30 on the digital screen. It's going to be a chore to learn the SE it but I am having a ball. Here's what I found. I think it may be a metal wheel off a toy of some sort.??? It weighs almost 3 ounces.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_7562.webp
    IMG_7562.webp
    16.9 KB · Views: 804
  • IMG_7564.webp
    IMG_7564.webp
    10.1 KB · Views: 800
Upvote 0
Interesting find, have fun with the new detector :thumbsup:
 
Glad you got out with it bud! That thing looks like those crazy spinning tops(?) that used to go up and down the metal rail that you held in your hand. Anyone remember what the he#* I'm talking about... ;D


Congrats DL... :thumbsup:
 
Nice find and enjoy the minelab.
 
Congrats on the new detector, and the finds.
 
broken vintage gyroscope toy, yup :thumbsup:
 

Attachments

  • gyro.webp
    gyro.webp
    12.4 KB · Views: 617
nice job on the find! Yeah, It sure takes awhile to learn the SE! In fact, I am still learning my SE! :) Have fun with the new detector! It does a great job cleaning up at old spots! It gets those deepies like theres no tommorow! :)
 
pronghorn said:
broken vintage gyroscope toy, yup :thumbsup:



i remember those :o.................does that make me vintage?
 
DD-777 said:
I should have told you - if you start smelling egg foo yung, your diggin' too deep... :wink: :D

LOL, I wondered what that was. Thanks buddy

DANGLANGLEY
 
That was a fast identification. After I saw the pic of it I remembered it, lol... Thanks for all of the replies

DANGLANGLEY
 
THAS WHAT IT LOOKS LIKE . I HAD ONE LIKE THAT ONE
DD-777 said:
Glad you got out with it bud! That thing looks like those crazy spinning tops(?) that used to go up and down the metal rail that you held in your hand. Anyone remember what the he#* I'm talking about... ;D


Congrats DL... :thumbsup:
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom