What's new

Hafted Scraper

Americus

Silver Member
Joined
Sep 18, 2008
Messages
3,249
Reaction score
3,827
Golden Thread
0
Today I went to some fields that I haven't looked in a while. In the first field they had cut the wheat and had harrowed it but it had had no rain. I tried looking for maybe 20 minutes and found some chips but basically it was a waste of time. I then drove to another field that has a lot of chips in it. It too had been turned but again had had no rain on it. I then went to another tract that is in pine trees but it has some "lockable" areas. I found lots of chips but no artifacts. I then went to another field that had been turned. It looked like it had had a trace of rain on it. Somebody had looked some of it but I found the small point there. I finally went to another tract and looked three fields there. That is where I found the hafted scraper. I really need for it to rain!


 
Upvote 0
Hats off to you for sticking to it.
That's a very nice hafted scraper.. And a little point to boot.
I hope you get some rain soon you only get so much time each season
 
Yes they have planted here now so no field hunts for me rite now. Looks like you still got 2 nice ones........better than what I pulled today.
Looks like possible rain heading your way. They said we would get it but looks like its going south instead.
 
You did good, just had to do a lot of looking and driving. My best field was planted with notill this year, because of all the rain the farmer had to put corn in the ground. I'll be staying to the creeks a lot for a while (when I get to go) work is booming.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom