What's new

HALF a blank penny Planchette

jrf30

Bronze Member
Joined
May 7, 2006
Messages
1,896
Reaction score
385
Golden Thread
0
Detector(s) used
dfx, Ryedale!
Like others, I have a few blank planchettes. But today I got one that is a full well struck normal looking 1962D penny on one side, and yet totally blank on the other side.

I"ve not seen one that was blank only on one side. ANyone else get any of these?

It doesn't go into the copper pile. but is a definite keeper for me. :-)
 
Upvote 0
Re: HALF a blank Planchette

We need pictures!

Maine_Jim
 
Re: HALF a blank Planchette

To be sure, is it a half dollar planchet? if so, how much does it weigh? I have a WL that has a blank reverse, but I'm thinking someone ground it down, it comes up light
 
Re: HALF a blank Planchette

I have a couple that I discovered were worn off or ground off smooth but looked like a blank on one side - did you weigh it?
 
Ditto, came across many fakes, you have to weigh it to be sure.
Lost some good money on a penny on a dime planchet fake years ago - suck.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom