What's new

HALF OF MY HALF DOLLARS ARE 90% SILVER!!!

1996

Sr. Member
Joined
Oct 2, 2008
Messages
275
Reaction score
3
Golden Thread
0
Location
HamburgAR
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 Old Folks Knowledge
Well, I got up and went to the drive thrus at the banks in my town. Out of 3 banks, one had 2 half dollars. Got 1 1977, and 1 1964. Worth the trip. THE MOTHER LOAD!!!! About a month ago, I searched 2 rolls of half dollars and got skunked. Today was my second trip, and had 50% keepers. WOOOHOOOO. :icon_king: Also bought 50 dollars in dimes.

update: just cashed the dimes, and was going back for 75 dollars worth, but my mom and dad are going to a friends house, and the bank drive thru was full, so I told her to orget about it. (no drivers license) 0 keepers for $50.00 in dimes :( But that 90%er made my day :thumbsup:
 

Attachments

  • La.webp
    La.webp
    35.5 KB · Views: 660
  • KEEEPER.webp
    KEEEPER.webp
    22.9 KB · Views: 648
Upvote 0
Grats on the half! 90% are always awesome finds.

Dimes are averaging like 1 in $250 these days, so you didn't really get skunked there.

Keep it up.

~Dave
 
LOL - my dimes are 0 keepers of 15,000 searched. :tongue3:
 
TreasureFiend said:
LOL - my dimes are 0 keepers of 15,000 searched. :tongue3:
here in il. finding nothing in brinks clear wrap rolls.dime wise.only if the local bank has extra which they wrap themselves,then i get like one in 500 bux worth.
 
Yeah, sorry for the misleading information, but I couldn't resist.
I'm going to get up early in the a.m. and hit the banks for some 50 centers.
 
BBcardsRI said:
Grats on the half! 90% are always awesome finds.

Dimes are averaging like 1 in $250 these days, so you didn't really get skunked there.

Keep it up.

~Dave

yea i get aleast one sometimes two or three. I try to get a box of dimes when i get skunked one halves
 
1996 said:
Yeah, sorry for the misleading information, but I couldn't resist.
That's what pulls in the readers. :thumbsup:

I have been known to exaggerate or tease in my subject line a bit.

There may have been more halves in those banks. You need to get in the bank and get personal with the tellers. You said you don't have a license so I assume you are in high school. Talk to those tellers, let them know you want to fill some holes in your coin books.

On the other hand I take it all back (stay in the car) if you have purple spikey hair, metal rods sticking out of your face and haven't taken a shower in a week. ::) ::)
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom