Rich Hartford
Silver Member
I picked up a roll of Peace dollars and a roll of silver eagles. There is nothing like opening up one of those boxes and finding a solid roll of big dollars. Sure beats searching for halves.Although the price is another matter.
The last time I bought Eagles they were going for $280.00 a roll so it has been a while.
Anyway the only reason I mentioned the above was so that I could stay somewhat on topic.
Here's the real story.
It's a spooky Halloween type tale
Last night about 2:45 am I'm in my clubhouse room watching the end of an old time movie, when I hear a strange banging like noise coming from the cellar and from the kitchen.
I'm thinking maybe it's someone trying to break in,but then the dog wasn't barking. I have about 3 minutes till the movie ends so I decided to watch the movie,and if it's a burglar, he'll just have to wait.
When the movie ends I went to check it out. Checked the cellar, kitchen, doors,etc. and everything is locked up tight. I take a peek into the bedroom where my wife is,and should be sleeping. She is wide awake,sitting on the edge of the bed, her eyes filled with terror,and visibly trembling.
"I saw something walk by the bedroom and down the hallway"she said.
(Now I don't really believe in spooks,and to tell you the truth if I saw one,I'd grab him by the tail and throw his a$$ out the window.)
I notice my wife is rubbing her forearms,when I asked her what she saw. As she is telling me the hairs on the back of my head raise up and tingle. Which really doesn't ever happen to me.
She said that she woke up because she felt her arms burning,like they were on fire.She jumped up and saw a woman,in her 30's,with long curly hair,and all white, walk out of her bedroom and down the hallway.
I would have made some sort of wisecrack,but in the 30 something years I've been married,I've never seen my wife so frightened. I brought her into the kitchen where she was still rubbing her arms. I tried calming her down,trying to no avail to convince her that it had to be some sort of dream(although at this point I wasn't so sure it was a dream myself).
There were of course no burn marks on her arms. She thinks that people who believe in ghosts,aliens,etc.are nuts.She never has nightmares,doesn't drink, and is much saner than I.
This was an extremely bizarre incident. Strange but true.
Happy Halloween
Rich
The last time I bought Eagles they were going for $280.00 a roll so it has been a while.
Anyway the only reason I mentioned the above was so that I could stay somewhat on topic.
Here's the real story.
It's a spooky Halloween type tale
Last night about 2:45 am I'm in my clubhouse room watching the end of an old time movie, when I hear a strange banging like noise coming from the cellar and from the kitchen.
I'm thinking maybe it's someone trying to break in,but then the dog wasn't barking. I have about 3 minutes till the movie ends so I decided to watch the movie,and if it's a burglar, he'll just have to wait.
When the movie ends I went to check it out. Checked the cellar, kitchen, doors,etc. and everything is locked up tight. I take a peek into the bedroom where my wife is,and should be sleeping. She is wide awake,sitting on the edge of the bed, her eyes filled with terror,and visibly trembling.
"I saw something walk by the bedroom and down the hallway"she said.
(Now I don't really believe in spooks,and to tell you the truth if I saw one,I'd grab him by the tail and throw his a$$ out the window.)
I notice my wife is rubbing her forearms,when I asked her what she saw. As she is telling me the hairs on the back of my head raise up and tingle. Which really doesn't ever happen to me.
She said that she woke up because she felt her arms burning,like they were on fire.She jumped up and saw a woman,in her 30's,with long curly hair,and all white, walk out of her bedroom and down the hallway.
I would have made some sort of wisecrack,but in the 30 something years I've been married,I've never seen my wife so frightened. I brought her into the kitchen where she was still rubbing her arms. I tried calming her down,trying to no avail to convince her that it had to be some sort of dream(although at this point I wasn't so sure it was a dream myself).
There were of course no burn marks on her arms. She thinks that people who believe in ghosts,aliens,etc.are nuts.She never has nightmares,doesn't drink, and is much saner than I.
This was an extremely bizarre incident. Strange but true.
Happy Halloween
Rich
Upvote
0






This was the point i nearly needed new britches. I had walked down the stairs and turned my back to the garage where someone now was cleary hiding from me and possibly waiting for me. At this point I used the phone in the garage to call the police. Now scared for my life and my girlfriends life I felt like it was time to find this guy and play homerun derby. And that is about where it ends. I checked every square inch of that garage including inside the washer and dryer. A mouse would have been found let alone a person or dog. There was no one in that garage but me and no door had opened. I went back upstairs where my now wide awake girlfriend told me to please turn the heat on. It was august and with the airconditioning set to 70 my thermometer read 52. When the cop arrived I told him it must have been a false alarm because he never left the garage and he cleary wasnt still in there and i apoligized. There was no way I was telling him what i now thought the noises to be.






