What's new

Halves : Another Country Heard from

blueberra

Sr. Member
Joined
Oct 15, 2009
Messages
257
Reaction score
845
Golden Thread
0
Location
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Deus XP
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
This week's (skunk) box contained an impaired 1991S and a coin that I had to look up : a 1986S Statue of Liberty commemorative half.

As best I can determine, it's a (very) impaired proof.

Just my luck -- the first commemorative I find has no silver content.
 

Attachments

  • immigrant obverse.webp
    immigrant obverse.webp
    29.4 KB · Views: 129
  • immigrant reverse.webp
    immigrant reverse.webp
    34.6 KB · Views: 115
Upvote 0
Nice looking coin though, keep trying!
 
Not as good as silver, true, but still a good find.
 
Nice going on the commem, but what does "Another Country Heard from" mean? :dontknow:
 
Cool. I found the same one this weekend as well. This is by far the most common commem to find.
 
Cool blue! I’ve found 4 of these while CRH halves, all clad.
 
Cool blue! I’ve found 4 of these while CRH halves, all clad.

I've found 4 as well in 2019, also all clad.
 
For finding silver commem’s the ‘82 George Washington is by far your best bet. Only 90% commemorative i’ve Found multiples of.
 
Cool looking coin! :occasion14:
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom