What's new

Halves : Another Teller Story

blueberra

Sr. Member
Joined
Oct 15, 2009
Messages
257
Reaction score
845
Golden Thread
0
Location
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Deus XP
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
As I was picking up my weekly half dollar box, the teller offered : "I have a few half dollars, do you want them?". I replied "Absolutely". She said "I have 5".

BTW, that's my first 1965 half out of 104 40%ers.
 

Attachments

  • teller halves 9-4-19.webp
    teller halves 9-4-19.webp
    42.5 KB · Views: 172
Upvote 0
Good teller to have on your side. Now if you can convince her with sweets, to save you any and ALL halves, but don't tell her about the word SILVER, don't want her to start snipping.
 
Good for you! Every teller I know snipes.
 
I need a 65 to make my own coin ring I haven't found one yet.
 
I need a 65 to make my own coin ring I haven't found one yet.

from a teller tray last week...IMG_9450.webpIMG_9451.webp
of the 400+ 40%ers only about 30 '65's--- one was an SMS beauty--- mintage was low for that issue
 
I have one from.my collection from years ago
Nice find on the half
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom