What's new

HAMMERED & ROMAN SILVER STREAK CONTINUES!

CRUSADER

Emerald Member
Joined
May 25, 2007
Messages
41,314
Reaction score
48,596
Golden Thread
27
Location
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
27
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm like a silver seeking bloodhound!:laughing7:
Plan 'A' was Cru'Dad dropping me off on a well hunted Roman Site whilst he dropped off some Roman Coins for the British Museum. However, when we arrived at the field a tractor was on it spraying chemicals. We turned around & went to speak with the owner. He said it wasn't a H&S risk & we could go on after the spraying. But to keep out the way in the morning, I decided to do a nearby huge field & see if I could track down a lost Roman Pottery Spread that a University had found. Cru'Dad dropped me off & I started a huge search pattern on very lumpy soil. I couldn't find any signs of Roman activity, just like previous attempts & I headed towards one of the corners closest to the Village. I notice a slight soil change & started to loose grid, on my second turn-around - BANG - Hammered. I gridded this area until Cru'Dad arrived but there was nothing else of interest, so we broke off for Lunch.

We then moved to the Roman Site, plan A, & we did another 2.5 hours, rounding my Day to 5 hours hunting & called it a Day after Cru'dad got a cracking Roman Silver!

Victorian Horse Boss
Georgian Nut Cracker (half of)
Strange Gun Cartridge, first of its type I have seen.
Bronze Age Partifact
Saxon? Lead Votive Axe
3 Scrappies
1367-71 Scottish Halfgroat of David II - Another first!:headbang:
Circa AD177 Denarius of Commodus - I only have 1 silver of this Emperor but its a grotty 2/5th of a coin!:headbang:
 

Attachments

  • 1.webp
    1.webp
    127.5 KB · Views: 107
  • 2.webp
    2.webp
    131.6 KB · Views: 116
  • 3.webp
    3.webp
    164.3 KB · Views: 111
  • 4.webp
    4.webp
    105.7 KB · Views: 105
  • 5.webp
    5.webp
    85 KB · Views: 99
  • 6.webp
    6.webp
    81.2 KB · Views: 100
  • 7.webp
    7.webp
    71.7 KB · Views: 111
Last edited:
Upvote 26
I wanna go with you some time!!! Lol!!! Hammered coins look so cool!
 
Very nice Silvers there ! You gotta be happy when the silvers are coming in this frequently .
 
That David II halfgroat is amazing! :notworthy:
 
Wow - those silvers are so cool! Love the last pic with the busts of the king and emperor. Doesn't get much better than that, and congrats on the 2 firsts!
 
Sweeet finds..... shell case looks like a blank or one for firing grenades ?
 
My congrats to Crudad, very nice! And to you as well for the votive axe! Great hunt! :icon_thumleft:
 
Very nice Silvers there ! You gotta be happy when the silvers are coming in this frequently .

So happy, we just laugh for no good reason.
 
Sweeet finds..... shell case looks like a blank or one for firing grenades ?

Blank crossed my mind but I've seen the crimped versions, but not this one with the strange neck.
 
wow...just wow.

How many days a week do you hunt??
 
LIKE I SAY TIME AFTER TIME I DONT KNOW HOW MANY ITEMS YOU ALL HAVE FROM ALL THE POSTS THAT I KEEP UP WITH , BUT YOU ALL MUST HAVE A AWESOME COLLECTION OF FINDS .
 
Love the look of those silvers!
 
wow...just wow.

How many days a week do you hunt??

3 average

But it varies, we just done a stint of Thurs,Fri,Sat, & Mon. All my holidays I detect. About 500 hours a year.
 
One for each of you. I can relate with my dad and me fishing. That would have been like us catching a thresher shark each. Time well spent.

Congrats
Steve
 
Most excellent Silver recoveries ! I'd be happy too.
 
Cru ur still killin it man keep it up...and enjoy that time with ur Dad...
 
Thanks everyone
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom