What's new

hand roll jackpot!

markmopar

Hero Member
Joined
Feb 15, 2008
Messages
967
Reaction score
88
Golden Thread
0
Location
southern NJ/southeast VA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I called one of my banks yesterday and because of the holiday they didn't get my boxes this week. But they said they had gotten $120 in handrolled halfs that they would hold for me.
I went in today and picked them up. When the young lady brought them out of the vault she said "look, they labeled them for you!" Sure enough, each roll had the years written on them(1964, 4-1964/16-1966, 1967, 1968, 9-1968/11-1969, 1971, 1972/73, 1974 and 1976).
After my last run-in with the smartass that painted the edges of some clad, I was wary.
We got in the truck and my GF had one roll split open as she looked at it. ALL silver!

the total from $120 in halfs was 100 keepers! almost $300 at todays values for $50.

1964-24

1966-16
1967-22
1968-27
1969-11

Best day ever- for the second time in two weeks!

319178628.jpg

319178633.jpg
 
Upvote 0
Nice Haul!
Congrats!!
 
WOW ... that is one hell of a % rate for keepers ..kudos Mark those are dream rollls imo ... good for you and may you run contiune :thumbsup: :thumbsup: , Ed
 
I was out hitting a few banks today and dreaming about dream rolls. I didn't find any. Glad you did :thumbsup:
 
Gotta love that Mark!!! Those solid rolls of silver are so exciting and fun to find.

It's been so long for me to find solid silver I forgot what it feels like.....ha! I need a road trip!!

Congrats to you and your G/F.......nice work!!! Thanks for the pictures too.
 
Congrats on a nice find.

Cat
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom