Happy Am I!!!! Treasure sought for 40+ years finally found!

teddy

Nov 7, 2009
Like beauty, treasure is in the eye of the beholder.
My actual grad year would have been 1966 but I couldn't afford a yearbook.
All these years I've searched used book stores and in more recent times, ebay.
Just tonight I finally found a copy BUY-IT-NOW on ebay! :hello2: :headbang: :notworthy: :thumbsup:

I know this may not be appropriate here but I was so happy I just had to share.
teddy

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
teddy said:
My grad year was 1966 but I couldn't afford a yearbook.
Just tonight I finally found a couple BUY-IT-NOW on ebay! :hello2: :headbang: :notworthy: :thumbsup:

teddy

Congrats on the find Teddy, we must be about the same age, mine is also 1966................

OP
OP
T

teddy

Nov 7, 2009
Treasure_Hunter said:
teddy said:
Just tonight I finally found a couple BUY-IT-NOW on ebay! :hello2: :headbang: :notworthy: :thumbsup:

teddy

Congrats on the find Teddy, we must be about the same age, mine is also 1966................

Thanks, TH :icon_thumleft:
I'll be 62 come March 9.
My how the machines have changed.
teddy

Gator-Flea

Bronze Member
Oct 14, 2007
Where the grass is blue
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Treasure_Hunter said:
teddy said:

teddy
:icon_thumright: Same here..................Gator..................62 last Oct- 25, 2009

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gator-Flea said:
Treasure_Hunter said:
teddy said:

teddy
:icon_thumright: Same here..................Gator..................62 last Oct- 25, 2009

I was 61 last month...........Graduated in '66, got my draft notice in '67, (Viet Nam war was going strong) I couldn't afford to go to college, wasn't about to run off to Canada, so I joined the Air Force.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
lonesomebob said:
Just a bunch of kids!!! I have been detecting since 1960 congrats. Bob :hello2:

LOL....Good one Bob, hope I'm able to do the same when I grow up.... :icon_thumright:

OP
OP
T

teddy

Nov 7, 2009
lonesomebob said:
Just a bunch of kids!!! I have been detecting since 1960 congrats. Bob :hello2:

Did you own White's first BFO or did you use a homebrew rig back in 1960?

RON (PA)

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2004
Pittsburgh, Pa
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre & Tiger Shark
That is awesome teddy. Congrats. I hope when you look through it, it brings back many great memories.

OP
OP
T

teddy

Nov 7, 2009
Urban Prospector said:
Now if you could somehow get all your Friends from back then to sign it.

Well actually, I didn't have any. :-\

I wrote about this on another thread. I was way behind just about everyone due to the fact I couldn't read until I was 13. If one loses those early developmental years one is lost in the higher grade.

I went to _______________and the school was definitely geared toward those who lived on the right side of the tracks. Back in the early 60's students behind the class were made fun of by teachers in front of the other students. At age 14 one of the school coaches beat me up in the restroom. Back then you kept your mouth shut about things like that.

We have very real shortcomings today in our public schools but there also have been some desperately needed improvements as well.

I got into a fight my senior year and never graduated from _______. I left the school almost totally illiterate. I later took the GED and entered college. I finally graduated with a Masters degree and a 3.5 GPA. In college they cared and lots of help was available.

I wanted the yearbook mostly to remember how all my classmates looked back then. I harbor no hard feelings toward them even though most were nasty to me. I understand because in this life it's all about what a person does and how he looks that matters. Such is life.

Thanks for the comment. :icon_thumleft:

teddy

naturegirl

Bronze Member
Mar 21, 2009
Well teddy, you look like you could be president one day! I come from a plain-brown wrapper family and I've learned you are are as beautiful as you percieve yourself to be. I agree in this life the "pretty" have an advantage to a certain extent, but age is a great equalizer, and wisdom and grace are far more beautiful than skin. I'm glad you've let go of the pain from those early years, I have too. Look how incrediably young and unsuspecting and unwitting those faces in that year book are! I bet you would see a lot of regret and apology in those faces if you could look at them today, at the age you are now.

naturegirl

vayank54

Silver Member
Oct 11, 2009
Northern VA
Detector(s) used
Whites Blue Gray & Tesoro Cibola
Great story Teddy and bravo to you for getting your GED, going to college , and forgiving those who mistreated you.

PBK

Gold Member
May 25, 2005
Good for you, Teddy! :thumbsup: :coffee2:

Nothing like reminiscing, although it must be admitted that some faces and places are best beheld in a rearview mirror.

Sometimes selective recollection is best, too. As G. K. Chesterton observed, "The past is not what it once was."

And let's be honest: now and then we all run in to those individuals whom it is an exquisite pleasure to forget!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread