Jan 9, 2005
Stillwater, NY - Home of the Battle of Saratoga
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore starting June 2023
Minelab Equinox 800
Prior to 2020 - Whites VX3, XLT, Spectrum XLT, 6000di and 1DB
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
My father called me the other night, on my birthday, and asked me if I got his card yet? I said no, it hadn't come yet, but maybe it would come the next day in the mail. He seemed kind nervous that the card did not arrive before my birthday. Then he started asking me about my coin collection. I told him I had a complete set of indian heads, needed just 3 more to complete the lincoln pennys, had a complete set of jefferson nickels, and only needed 6 more to complete the buffalos, and 2 more to complete the V nickles. He asked me about my dimes. I told him full set of roosevelt, only needed the 1916D mercury, and only needed 6 more barber dimes. He seemed even more depressed, and I asked him what was bothering him. He said, he went to a flea market the other day, and bought me a couple of coins for my collection, but that I already had them (he said he bought an 1883 no cents V nickle and a 1920 mercury dime in excellant condition). I told him I would always add anything to my collection, can never have too much. After I got off the phone I checked my 1920 mercury, and boy could it use an upgrade, so I was totally stoked. I went to bed dreaming about swapping those coins around in my collection.

Well, the next day, came and when I checked the mail, sure enough was the card. I opened the card up, and my god, I wish I had the talent my father has for writing nice stuff. It was one of the best cards I ever got. Then, I started to pull the little plastic bag off he had taped inside with my coins, only there was no 1883 V nickle, only a mercury dime. Then I looked closer....

Attachments

• birthdayfront.jpg
    birthdayfront.jpg
    6.1 KB · Views: 471
  • birthdayback.jpg
    birthdayback.jpg
    5.5 KB · Views: 467
W

whites6000inPa

That's really great.

Tell your dad I have a birthday coming up too ;D

Wyatt