What's new

Happy Canada Day -

maine_Jim

Bronze Member
Joined
Aug 13, 2008
Messages
1,415
Reaction score
412
Golden Thread
0
Detector(s) used
Ace 350
Just noticed that today is Canada Day - and what did I find in one of my boxes but a 1967 silver Canadian half! Only 2nd one I've ever found. Seems like these are as rare as getting a haircut for me. :D How many of you have found the elusive silver Canadian half? Here is an image of the 1967 I borrowed.

Maine_Jim
 

Attachments

  • 1967 half.webp
    1967 half.webp
    11 KB · Views: 180
Upvote 0
Thats a sweet coin. I have found Canadian halves, but no silver ones yet. I find silver Canadian dimes from time to time.
 
Very cool Jim. I've been through thousands of halves, never found even a clad Canadian. Crazy, because I'm close to Canada and have found about 100 silver Canadian dimes so far.

ffd
 
Yea - here in Maine you would think I would see them more often but nope only the 2nd one. The Canadian dimes are plentiful. I do like getting the foreign stuff in my half boxes. It doesn't happen very often and usually interesting. Sure beats a skunk box. As for the Canadian dimes, the parking meters around here take them! :icon_thumleft: and I will often hand a bunch to the toll takers on the turnpike. The look on their faces is pretty funny but I have never been denied, even when I hand them ten at a time.

Maine_Jim
 
I found a Canadian silver half last Monday, a 1965...my first in several years of hunting.

Joad
 
Jim,
Only found two silver ones, both last year. Haven't caught a single Commemorative,Barber, Foreign silver,so far this year.
HH
Rich
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom