Harness to hold detector

gerryk

Jan 20, 2013
Orland Park
Detector(s) used
Minelab X Terra 705, Bounty Hunter Pro 505, Garrett Pro pointer, Pro swing 45, TDK WR 700 wireless headphones, leschee digger, green canvas mil surplus messenger bag as finds bag and brown bomb#2 to
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Has anyone tried the one from kellyco? I believe that is the same one that cabelas carries. I was hoping for some inout from you guys before i buy one.

I have been using a harness for over 4 years, but I got rid of the stock shoulder harness and clip it onto a camelbac so i always have nice cool refreshment with me....Camelpac also allows me to use d-clips to attach other items....

I know many people use the "swingy thingy". I have used the detecting buddy and it works pretty good for being an inexpensive option.

I dont have any store bought options, where im at, so now I use a strap around the neck and under the arm, and attached to a bungi cord, to my Excal. I tried using hip mounted, but it didnt seem to work. The advantage of this system, is that I can be in water up to my neck, and when I retrieve the target, just let the Excal go, and dont have to worry about it getting away. Works well on the dry sand too.

Swingy thingy seems to work well once I got used to having something other than a shirt on. The newest version looks pretty nice. Also the one I have works best if you wear a belt, which some folks don't. I only use it when hunting sites where there aren't a lot of targets since pausing to dig gives my tired arm a chance to rest from swinging.

For my beach magnet I had gotten a fabric belt and screwed the bracket to the belt and wear it that way I had the same problem as u with the shoulders I broke my collar bone about 8 months ago and it hurt to swing all that weight for long periods of time

k3travel said:
For my beach magnet I had gotten a fabric belt and screwed the bracket to the belt and wear it that way I had the same problem as u with the shoulders I broke my collar bone about 8 months ago and it hurt to swing all that weight for long periods of time

The buddy was delivered. I picked it up put it on and figured out how it works. Havent hooked the detector up yet.

Check out the vid aquachigger has out on the subject. He takes a leather dog leash and rigs it up real slick. It's the best solution I've seen.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back