What's new

Harry Houdini Picture Stock

flyadive

Bronze Member
🥇 Charter Member
Joined
Jun 11, 2012
Messages
2,251
Reaction score
1,618
Golden Thread
0
Location
NJ
Detector(s) used
Whites
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Found Stock Certificates in my Great Uncles Papers. 1922/1923 Houdini Picture Corporation.
Does anyone have information whether they are valuable?
Plus some other Certificates
Confederated Home Abattoirs Corporation
Consolidated Mines Stndicate
Selznick Corporation
Consolidated Uranium Mines Inc
Blue Mountain Uranium Mines inc
United Hotels corporation merged with United Resorts Hotels Inc.

Thank you
Fly
image.webp
image.webp
image.webp
image.webp
image.webp
image.webp
image.webp
image.webp
 
You need to have a sayonce and ask harry....
It’s been 104 years later and they magically reappeared! 😁it’s a sign I tell ya!
 
If the Houdini Picture Corporation Stock Certificates are original and not reproductions they are "asking" from around $2000 and up for one.

Sweet!! :occasion14:
 
If the Houdini Picture Corporation Stock Certificates are original and not reproductions they are "asking" from around $2000 and up for one.
Here's a search results link...
They are original, I have not done any research as of yet because I know there are good / better people here on TNET that will give me much better info, better than Google!
Also, the signature on both certificates are identical, not original signatures?
 
Last edited:
They are original, I have not done any research as of yet because I know there are good / better people here on TNET that will give me much better info, better than Google!
Also, the signature on both certificates are identical, not original signatures?
I'm not an expert...but I would suggest trying to find a source/expert to have them authenticated.

That being said I looked at both of the signatures on yours and although they almost look identical, they are not, they aren't entered on the line the same and the "ou" in Houdini are different and the "H" in Harry are different.

What I haven't seen on most all examples online is that the "Secretary" signature being crossed out and another signature was signed, I did however find one that was and it is the same as yours.


1773358492142.webp
 
Last edited:
I'm not an expert...but I would suggest trying to find a source/expert to have them authenticated.

That being said I looked at both of the signatures on yours and although they almost look identical, they are not, they aren't entered on the line the same and the "ou" in Houdini are different and the "H" in Harry are different.

What I haven't seen on most all examples online is that the "Secretary" signature being crossed out and another signature was signed, I did however find one that was and it is the same as yours.


View attachment 2247341
Thank you AU. I appreciate your time and input! I will be seeking some help soon after this thread slows.
 
Thank you AU. I appreciate your time and input! I will be seeking some help soon after this thread slows.
I hope you will update us on how it goes with these on authentication and possibly selling in the future!

You may want to contact some of the major auction places, they should be able to verify them as well as get the best prices.
 
Great finds. I hope they are authentic! Congratulations!
 
So far the few places I posted Harry Houdini stocks haven’t gotten much interest.
Perhaps I should contact The Citizens National Bank of Boston where they were Registered.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom