What's new

Has anyone ever found....

marshal

Jr. Member
Joined
Nov 15, 2007
Messages
54
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
....a gold coin while searching rolls of halves? I was just sitting here reading this forum when i started thinking how awesome would it be to find a gold coin in a roll of halves.Anyways is there any american gold coin that is the size of a half dollar and has anyone ever heard of someone finding something like that./.......just a random thought
 
Upvote 0
About 15 years ago, a person on the old coin collecting BBS claimed to have found a $20 gold piece in a roll of halves. He never supplied a picture, so it was not substantiated. He said that the roll was all Franklins and Walking Liberties, with the $20 in the middle.

Scott
 
I think CoolCash found a $10 gold coin in a roll of quarters a few months back. Its in the forums somewhere.
 
WOW thats insane ....i will be gettting my first 2 boxes of halves next tuesday so i am daydreaming of all the goodies i might find.Hopefully the teller didnt forget to order them or ill be really pissed off
 
My Dad mentioned to me months ago he found a gold coin in a roll of pennies. The details I think were, 1847, 1/2
California Gold and had an eagle on it.
 
Geez....I'm happy to find silver...I think gold would do me in...
 
While going through 11,000 cents yesterday I found three gold cents. They must be plated but sure don't look like it. Very good quality, very shiny and no electrode holder marks on the rim. All three were split up in different rolls but were the same date. I found one on ebay for 99¢ buy it now.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom