Has anyone ever gone back to their childhood home and detected?

downindixie

Oct 10, 2004
Oxford,Alabama
My childhood home was built in 1848.My parents lived there until 1982.I search the yard with an old White's coinmaster 4,no meter,I found all kinds of coins from the early 20 th century,but no real old coins.My father worked in a pipe shop and would regularly haul in pipeshop soil(loaded with scrap iron) to fill in low areas.Bummer! I think I found more old coins and silver with that detector because I would dig every sound.Ah! the stamina of youth!

Jim West Pa

Aug 14, 2007
Mamont Pa.
Detector(s) used
DFX
dunn1866 said:
How a bout your old school... went by there, it was all chained up.

oh yeah, i forgot i did that. I hit the football field and right on the goal line at one end of the field i dug up an OLD can of Iron City beer.It was purpousely buried and was standin on end. I re-coverd it and left it there. Still can't figger the story behind that one.

Ocean7

Bronze Member
Apr 15, 2004
SE, PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
Minelab Explorer II
Garrett MASTER HUNTER 7
Garrett ADS DEEPSEEKER
Compass X100
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
yep - found wheaties, mercs, and lead toy soldiers among other things. :)

bedpanmoneyman

Jun 17, 2007
Lebanon, Ohio
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX
I grew up on a farm...the house was built in the 1850s. Plus, a county park was adjacent to the farm with lots of people every summer (it's now closed). I'd love to go back someday and hunt some of the spots I know would have good finds.

BPBB

B

boojagirl

I want to do that someday, I lived in a trailor house on my grandparents farm, there would be a lot of places to look, the yard, the cow barn, calf barn, pig barn, shed, ect.

Spidey

Feb 20, 2007
Omaha
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
dunn1866 said:
How a bout your old school... went by there, it was all chained up.

I've gone back to both of my old grade schools this summer. One was very productive--quite a bit of clad, and a ring. The other was just a little clad.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread