What's new

Has anyone noticed

davew0710

Sr. Member
Joined
Oct 3, 2008
Messages
392
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
Location
Western Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
E Trac
increased competition the last few weeks. I am wondering if the rise in silver to $17.00 has brought out more hunters.
Last week I went to pick up my boxes at the bank and they told me they didn't come in. Said Brinks ran out.
The last couple of weeks when I stop at my local bank to pick up hand rolls, the teller told me there are none. Today, a teller told me there has been a "run on halves" lately.
Very frustrating. Anyone else having problems getting halves?
 
Upvote 0
Yes have found very few and teller comments about people asking for halves is way up, but boxes are super of late just did 20 Boxes and got 162 ounces, with record numbers of %90's, 338 .
 
If you were involved in this hobby one year ago, not much has changed. Last year silver broke $20, I have quit for awhile, i got tired of "we have other customers asking for halves." Altho, not many ask for denominations of less than half dollars. ffd
 
I like to think of it as my competition is looting the banks on a daily basis in my area.

Mojo
 
Unfortunately it is the sign of the times. Get it while you can folks. I think many are now are disobeying the 10 rules of coin roll hunting. Especially rule 1 and 2. Oh well it is like holding back the tide.

Golden Silver
 
Although I have only been at this for about six months, the past couple of weeks I have noticed dumps showing up all over where I hadn't seen them before. Several different types of dumps...can tell by the way they are wrapped. Also..."you are a day late" alot. Still managing to pull in the silver though.
 
Yes I've noticed. I did great all summer, then in mid September it was as if all the silver dried up. I'm not noticing more CRH activity. The competition seems to come from the tellers. Besides the few boxes I found while on road trips I only ordered six boxes this summer. They appear to be the same as when I first started. One coin per four boxes.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom