has anyone on here....

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think there is a page on the ebay site that tells how to sell and buy from their site. I suggest you set up a PayPal account with them as it is a safe way to handle the money part of paying or selling.

When you visit the ebay site, click on as a guest just to view what is for sale. Don't bid on anything cause you are stuck paying for it if you win the bid. Just get a feel for how things work and learn. You can also Buy It Now and it is just like buying online from a store.

John (Ma)

Silver Member
Jul 12, 2007
Western Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal 1000, Tesoro Silver Umax, Tiger Shark and Whites MXT.
There is live chat you can utilize on ebay, too. Look for "live help" usually torward the top of the page and you will be able to speak to someone and ask any questions and / or concerns you may have. When you click on it, you will have to wait a few minutes for the next available person, but they will help you and are very good. I have used it several times. Good luck.

scuffler

Jul 23, 2007
Warning though ebay is a communist organization, not allowing the sales of firearms, and now not even parts to firearms, they also wont let you sell any home schooling supplies.
Anything that exhibits any sense of freedom or thinking for yourself they frown upon.
You have to go left to get to Ebay :)

Spidey

Feb 20, 2007
Omaha
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
The first time I sold something on ebay it was a little daunting. It took me about an hour to get it listed the first time. But now I can do it in under 5 minutes. I think it was because I was just stupid.

It's not that tough--once you figure out how it works, it's fairly easy.

Depending on the value of the item, the fees they charge, as well as the PayPal fees can be pricey--but I guarantee that you'll sell it for a higher price than if you were to only accept a money order. You really don't want to accept personal checks.

Rob66

Bronze Member
Jun 30, 2006
California
Detector(s) used
Whites new coinmaster-Teso Silver Max-Minelab GT
I've sold and bought on e-bay..... till pay-pal interfered in my transaction.Had my own store too.

If you need help.... ask a specific question and I'll be more than happy to help.

If you want to sell... get ready to give out your CC# and or checking info.

RD

stoney56

Gold Member
Oct 4, 2004
Oklahoma
You can also get one of those pre-paid Visa cards that you load up with whatever amount you want. It can help limit any losses that could every occur if someone got ahold of the #. Keep it empty or just a few $$ on it till ready to use.

Rob66

Bronze Member
Jun 30, 2006
California
Detector(s) used
Whites new coinmaster-Teso Silver Max-Minelab GT
stoney56 said:
You can also get one of those pre-paid Visa cards that you load up with whatever amount you want. It can help limit any losses that could every occur if someone got ahold of the #. Keep it empty or just a few $$ on it till ready to use.

Keep in mind if you want to use pa-pal, a checking account is needed.And it takes days for the account to activate.if you plan on selling a lot, be prepared to pay fees up the .....Both from e-bay and pay-pal for each transaction.International (over seas)shipping is a pain in the ....too.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions