What's new

Has anyone tried?

WilliamH

Sr. Member
Joined
Dec 20, 2012
Messages
295
Reaction score
120
Golden Thread
0
I went to Ft Myers beach FL a week ago and took my Whites Coin Master GT. I don't know if it was me or the machine but I didn't find anything in or around the water. Has anyone tried it and if so what did I do wrong?

Thanks for any help
William H.
HH
 
Upvote 0
not to worry william, just spent 2 weeks in spain and the same story.in 2 hours search i found 2 bobby pins and had fishing line wrapped round my ankles. usually way better than that! back over in 4 weeks, so hoping some sand has shifted. keep trying- conditions will eventually get better. H.H steve
 
I don't know what your settings were, but single frequency detectors normally have a hard time being stable near saltwater wet sand. You can't disc out pull tabs either or you won't find any gold rings. White gold is usually in foil range too.
 
What do you mean you didnt find anything? I hunt Fort Myers beach from time to time. It has tons and tons of pull tabs in the surf, wet sand, and towel area. You should have at least found several of them.

Did you false a lot?

Did you ground balance the machine. You have to ground balance each time you change from dry to wet sand and when your in the surf.

Check your settings....
 
Hey sorry it has taken me a while to get back. Well, I didn't think I needed to ground balance the detector because it had the beach button. Which is what I thought it did. However in the wet sand and very shallow surf I got tons of false indications. And in the wet sand I went over a bottle cap and nothing happened. So I'm at a loss. It was my first time and I don't leave at the beach or even near it so I can't really trouble shoot. I had sensitivity turned up to start with and then after an almost constant beep I backed off to 3/4, then half when that didn't help. At half I got nothing. So after that I went to dry sand and everything was back to working properly.
 
Beach setting..... it may have a lot of disc, but like Sandman said it wont work well in the water or wet sand at all. There is can slaw and pull tabs by the handful there.
Dew
 
Yeah I appreciate the the info. I will have to ask my dealer about it. Thanks all and HH. Wh
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom