Gold Member
Oct 26, 2004
N. San Diego Pic of my 2 best 'finds'; son & g/son
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
I believe Hathorn bottles came from Saratoga Springs, NY. I'll check further.
From an online source: THE HATHORN SPRING
Is situated immediately north of Congress Hall, on Spring street. H.H. Hathorn, proprietor.

History.
The spring was discovered in 1868 by workmen engaged in excavating for the foundations of a brick building for Congress Hall ball-room. At the time of discovery its waters contained more mineral substances than any other spring at Saratoga. During the past winter a defect in the tubing has led the proprietors to retube it very carefully and at great expense. At the recent retubing two streams were found and carefully tubed, one of which discharges sixty gallons per minute.

Properties.
It is a powerful cathartic. Since its discovery it has achieved a wonderful popularity and a high reputation in all sections of the country. In nearly all cases when a powerful cathartic is needed its effects are excellent, benefiting those on whom the milder waters produce little effect.

Persons whose alimentary organs are very sensitive, or in an inflammatory condition, should not imbibe large quantities.

There is an unusual amount of lithia in the water, which increases its medicinal value.

OP
OP
jgas

jgas

Silver Member
Apr 23, 2008
Midwesterner
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
DFX, Pro 6000XL, SunRay Probe, Centech Pinpointer
Thanks for the info Mack....I saw some of those bottles as well but none look like this one, so maybe just a different variation. The search continues...Thanks again. jgas

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread