What's new

Have Faith...

mumszie

Silver Member
Joined
Feb 22, 2005
Messages
2,819
Reaction score
123
Golden Thread
0
Location
Spring Hill, Florida
Today was a pretty good day for me. Except for the kids that kept following me around. I was there early but they got there about an hour after I did. No matter where I went they were right behind me. I went to one end.... they came down there. I went to the deeper end and the little munchkins followed me out there! **sigh** Still I managed to do pretty good this morning.

062510.jpg

I got a nice hit early on, before the kids got there, and it was a silver ring marked 925 and it says "Faith" on it. I wasn't able to make it really shine like some of you gng's do but it came out pretty good.

Ring062510BeforeAfter.jpg

I also found a dollar bill floating near the bottom. I love finding those. I kept looking hoping it wasn't the only one but alas it was. ::)

I found some toys, goggles and water gun etc. I like finding that stuff too.

I found some broken sunglasses (just cheap ones) another key, more bb's (I thought I had those cleaned up but evidently not) and several earrings today but none are "good" ones. Just adding them to my hoop-bowl of earrings.

Earrings062510.jpg

I hope your day is as good or better. :wink:
 
Upvote 0
I'll take a silver ring over bottle caps, pull tabs or bobby pins any day of the week. :laughing7:

I hear you about the kids. Since it's summer break and a lot of summer camps take the kids to the beach for the day, they are everywhere!

They look like midget Marines hitting the beaches at Normandy, but in reverse. Instead of heading for land they pile in the water in droves or assault waves.

At least you got out there. I'm suffering at home trolling the forums until I can get back out Monday. I won't even waste my time going on the weekends, just way too many people and I feel like a tourist attraction for the young and old alike.
 
Good job. It's always good to find diving gear. I got a few masks, snorkles and fins found while detecting. They come in handy when we have visitors. Gold will come soon, keep the faith. :icon_thumleft:
 
I know about the kids. When I first got into detecting a bunch of kids on a school outing surrounded me in a park and were asking all kinds of questions. I smiled a lot and explained what I was doing and found a few pennies just to show them what I was doing and how it worked. I heard several of the kids telling their parents they wanted a metal detector for Christmas. Santa must have been listening because I haven't been able to find squat in that park since Christmas almost 6 years ago! The kids keep it hunted out! But I think I probably was as good semaratin for the sport of metal detecting. Oh, and some nice finds there Mumsy. Monty
 
Mumszie you did well as I was able to get out this morning and only found a Roach Clip after 3 hours of looking. I did get a nice signal but wasn't able to dig it out with the scoop I had. That clip was all I found too, no fins, masks or goggles. Didn't even see any gum or band-aids on the bottom.
 
Like I say all the time. " I think the Pied Piper had a metal detedtor and not a flute." Lol Great haul mumszie. Keep it comin.
:icon_pirat:
JuJu
 
So what was the setting on you detector when you found that dollar bill? ;D
 
I know the feeling about the kids ......... sometimes they stay right under my elbow and I can't shake them....my biggest fear is accidentaly hitting one with the scoop....... so I tell them "You need to stay back".........sometimes it works after 2 or 3 times, but the ones that follow a long way I wait till we get out ot earshot from Momma and say just loud enough for the kid to hear "go away!!" that usually works..... excellent find on the ring
 
Thats a lotta goods, much more productive then mine today....love the Silver & Gas Money!
 
the ring cleaned up nicely. congrats! it is a nice one!
 
Nice finds mumsie, if you go in the water till it is over their heads they will leave you alone......... :laughing7:
 
As your swinging lightly tap there shin with the coil, then apologise then do it again and again and again they will move!!!!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom