What's new

Have No Idea

Bubba65

Bronze Member
Joined
Mar 31, 2009
Messages
1,450
Reaction score
925
Golden Thread
1
Location
NY
🥇 Banner finds
1
Hi All,

I found these two last fall at the same property, but fairly far apart from each other. The house dates from the 1700's and is a farm house. I have no idea what they are so any help would be great. I posted a pic with a quarter for size comparison. Thanks for looking and helping if you can.

Bubba65
 

Attachments

  • 003.webp
    003.webp
    25.9 KB · Views: 338
  • 005.webp
    005.webp
    25.2 KB · Views: 338
  • 004.webp
    004.webp
    18.8 KB · Views: 343
  • 007.webp
    007.webp
    28 KB · Views: 332
  • 006.webp
    006.webp
    26 KB · Views: 334

Attachments

  • 1253461401detector_finds_001[1].webp
    1253461401detector_finds_001[1].webp
    7.1 KB · Views: 298
  • 1253461401detector_finds_002[1].webp
    1253461401detector_finds_002[1].webp
    6.7 KB · Views: 296
Upvote 0
Looks like a shoe buckle, like those worn by the Pilgrims. Just a guess.
 
Upvote 0
I agree with timekiller in that it's a ladies buckle and 19th century. It' possible that the pieces are 2 seperate ends of the same buckle and that there was another piece in the middle. It is possible too that they are pieces of 2 different buckles
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom