head phones

donj

Feb 13, 2011
southwestern, va.
Detector(s) used
Nokta Fors CoRe, garretts gti2500, gtp1350 minelab 30 whites coinmaster 3 and a DFX300.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'm looking to upgrade my headphones i use the audio200 freebee from kellyco but they crush my ears. I have to stop detecting in about 3 hours due to the pain, it gets to uncomfortable to enjoy hunting any suggestions, Thanks Don. I checked out the woodland site very proffessional looking nice.

Upvote 0
I had the same problem with some brands, ear pain especially when wearing my glasses.
I switched to 'Koss Accu Sound gold edition detector headphones" and love em. Well padded, both sides adjust to sound level. About $100 well worth it IMHO.
Got em' from Kellyco.

I have a pair of Garrett head phones, and they work well enough for what I demand of them. I'd love to discuss this subject further but my back teeth are floating and I am faced with a choice, the fish bowl or a mad dash back the hall to the second door on the left.

Anyone use the ultimate grey ghost phones?

I use a wireless transmittter set up, with ear-bud in-ear phones. My ears are pretty sensitive and I can't wear over the ear phones...

I used to use a FM transmitter, but at times that can get staticy.

Then I found a 2.4 ghz wireless transmitter and headphones at radio shack. $89 and AWESOME! The transmitter is broadcasting directly to the earphones, and there is NO STATIC! They sound crystal clear!
AUVIO™ Wireless Digital Earbuds Model:33-284

Only adapter needed is a 1/4" to 1/8" stereo adapter (about $5)

I really love not having a 'lectric tether, and i can swing all day pain free, even while wearing glasses or sunglasses!

A second benefit, I can listen to my iPod or home stereo with these and clean, or mow the yard, etc. etc.

HH,
Will

Attachments

• auvio.jpg
    auvio.jpg
    6.3 KB · Views: 984
Will,
Those wireless look pretty good, might have to give them a try. Do they have the rechargable battery, is it replaceable? I used the 33-1253 for years on my Xterras but cannot use them on my Technetic G2, just will not work, maybe it's the 19khz frequency. What machine do you use yours on? Hope these news ones will work on my G2. HH

Tex,

The battery is rechargeable, and the set comes with a USB tether with two plugs, so you can charge the transmitter and headphones at the same time (simple...but genius!). I don't think it is replaceable without unintended dis-assembly...

I use mine with my Tesoro Silver uMax, which is a 10kHz machine.

It really does amaze me how clear the transmission is...like night and day when compared to the FM transmitter I used to use...

HH,
Will

Thanks all, :notworthy: the wireless phones are interesting

I use the headphones that have the cushions that fit around the ears and they are very comfortable and block out lots of outside sounds so you can hear the tiny beeps. I've used the Grey Ghosts, Black Widow's, Jolly Rogers and a few others. The
Black Widow phones are for when I am serious. http://www.detectorpro.com/headphones.htm

Attachments

• Black Widow.JPG
    Black Widow.JPG
    35.8 KB · Views: 751
  • Black Widow.JPG
    Black Widow.JPG
    35.8 KB · Views: 589
One last thing I forgot to mention is the headphones have a built in volume control, which is very useful!

HH,
Will

I use Calrad Stereo headphones, they are only $25.00 on my Whites Gold Master V/sat and on my fisher gold bug, they work great and don't cost an arm and a leg. I am hard of hearing and wear glasses, the headphones fit snugly and do not interfere With the glasses. These also have built in volume controls on each ear piece
Nevada Coyote

I don't wear headphones except at the beach to block out surf noise. My hearing is bad so I wear 2 hearing aids that can really amplify. I use headphones with my PI because I have no choice. On rare occasions, when using my 2Box in windy areas I use an old surround cushion unbranded set of earphones.
Note: The output to the headphones is very low fidelity so you don't need expensive headphones.
: The operating frequency of your detector has nothing to do with the output to your headphones.
: Most headphones are just 2 speakers. Some have a ad jestable resistor to lower volume. A few have a
built in amplifyer.
: Most wireless headphones operate on FM, which is quieter than AM.
Frank

For me, it's Sunray Pro Golds. Very very comfortable. Killer B's are also great.
HH, RCW

I have a pair of the Black Widows as well and they are amazing. BUT, it's like being in the Cone of Silence as far as anything around you. That's great if you're in a spot you're comfortable at. They do get hot in the summer sun, though.

Usually I wear a Rattler - same company (DetectorPro) but only one ear is covered. That lets me keep aware of what's happening around me.

rattler.jpg

Thanks again everyone. :icon_thumleft: Donj

I have, and use KOSS QZ/99 ! Stereo mono switch, 60 omm 3.5mm and 6.4mm plugs nice and comvy. $59.99 you can find/see them at www.aesham.com I love these things ! No I do not work for AES but have done alot of business with them over the years ! All good !

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back