Heading West...

MadJack_ME

Apr 11, 2013
Maine, mostly
Detector(s) used
Original Gold Bug, Dahlke Dredges, LeTrap Sluice for clean-up
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Next Friday the wife & I are striking out for a few months of prospecting, mining, filming, & writing! We'll be checking in when we can but wanted to let some on here (who we're visiting) know the time is near.

I joke about Ice Cold Gold Jack is going on tour, but the truth is the wife has needed a real vacation for ten years now and we'll be exploring our options for the future while on this trip.
We're hoping to see a lot of folks we've been internet-friends with for many years, as well as meet many others along the way.

Wish us luck!

Upvote 0

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Safe travels and heavy pans Jack!

Lanny in AB

Gold Member
Apr 2, 2003
Alberta
Detector(s) used
Various Minelabs(5000, 2100, X-Terra 705, Equinox 800, Gold Monster), Falcon MD20, Tesoro Sand Shark, Gold Bug Pro, Makro Gold Racer.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting

delnorter

Oct 28, 2008
Northern California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm sure you'll have a great trip Jack. Congratulations on your one year anniversary. I see you joined this forum one year ago yesterday.

If you get all the way to the west coast of northern California give me a shout. I'll point you in the right direction here in Redwood country.

Mike

OP
OP
M

MadJack_ME

Apr 11, 2013
Maine, mostly
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ha Ha Del, never noticed that!

goldenIrishman

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2013
Golden Valley Arid-Zona
Detector(s) used
Fisher / Gold Bug AND the MK-VII eyeballs
Primary Interest:
Other
Well if ya get down to my neck of the woods give me a shout Jack. Plenty of gold out in the Greaterville area to share.

Jeff

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Ditto for here in Denver ...good gold here if you don't mind that it's all small ;)

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Jack ya bringing a rv or trailer?? I got claims and equipment and sure am bummed we missed each other last time but this time your on your own agenda now. :laughing7: we could suck up a few ozs and talk about daze of old on Leonards' forum and make some righteous new memories to behold-John

OP
OP
M

MadJack_ME

Apr 11, 2013
Maine, mostly
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
John, We're running a 22' Class C Rv with air bags so we can get the rear bumper way off the ground.
We are looking for a little enclosed trail to bring the wheeler but may not find one before we leave here. 4" Micro, 2.5" Micro, G1, LeTrap, original Gold Bug with 2-coils.

Oh, and a gold pan or two! LOL

Kevin, we'll be dredging with Chad Watkins, Rick, & Ken (Idaho Springs Treasures) somewhere west of Denver, at some point.

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Oh cool, my best friend Don knows Chad...small world among us miners and adventurers! Hope you hit a Colorado hot spot and travel on with a big gold smile!

OP
OP
M

MadJack_ME

Apr 11, 2013
Maine, mostly
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
UPDATE:

Well yesterday marks the end of our first week on the road! A two day visit in Oklahoma then on to Prescott AZ for a little digging, and a visit to A&B Prospecting. Nice guy running the shop there. Then on to Page AZ to visit with my folks for several days.
Barring any other invites to dig with someone else here in central-northern AZ, we'll be either heading towards northern Cali to visit wit Mike P and Hoser, or just west of Denver then on to Cali. I have to make some phone calls and study G-Earth to see which makes more sense.

Stay tuned . . .

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Drive safely bud. I know Leonard would like to see ya in Denver and beers cold,coffes hot and tequila is well...take your pick a 5 kinds at my miners inn...hahaha. Try the link on Mikes post as his cabins/area absolutely ROCK !!!!-John

OP
OP
M

MadJack_ME

Apr 11, 2013
Maine, mostly
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Somewhere I saw that Leonard may have a get-together but I need a date. russau said he may be there with the CCC as well.
We want to meet/visit/prospect with as many folks as we can on this trip as we never know if or when we'll be able to do it again!

Kevin, we're hoping to hi-grade and/or claim-jump as many hot spots as we can! LOL

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Somewhere I saw that Leonard may have a get-together but I need a date. russau said he may be there with the CCC as well. We want to meet/visit/prospect with as many folks as we can on this trip as we never know if or when we'll be able to do it again! Kevin, we're hoping to hi-grade and/or claim-jump as many hot spots as we can! LOL
Hey Jack. Happy to take you to my secret hot spot in South metro Denver if you do come thru this way. You just have to promise to keep my secrets! I'm pretty much around all the time except next thurs-Sun. I work an early shift for the most part so most later afternoons/ evenings during the week are good too :-) ...if you like English-style brown ale, I have home brewed beer to share too...just PM me details of your travel plans, I look forward to surprising you with our gold right here in town.

PS if Russ is going to be in town, I want to crash that party!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread