Feb 14, 2013
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Fisher F4
Garret Pro Pointer
Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I am realizing I need headphones. I have two sets of headphones I use at Nascar events. A Koss set and a Racing Electronics set. Both expensive, but both have the smaller make plug.

I went to radio shak and the idiot solddid me a mono into stereo plug adapter. (I think).b it does not work..i hear nothing.

Two questions,
1. Will these headphones work.
2. What kind of adapter do i need.

Thanks folks.

Sent from my Samsung Note 2 using Tapatalk

Pulltab Parson

Jan 20, 2007
Northwest PA
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tejon, Tesoro Vaquero, White's Prizm III, White's Bulls-eye Pinpointer II
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
There are number of of really good headphones out there. You could go with Grey Ghosts, Black Widows, Gold Diggers, Rattlers, Jolly Rogers, Pro Power, Depth Master, Garrett, Whites, etc.

But what I use are $20 Radio Shack volume adjustable headphones. They have worked really well and I have had no issues with them at all. They are cheap enough that if they break, I'm not out $100. The problem is now, I haven't seen them in the Radio Shack in some time, so I don't know if they still sell them. Just make sure that what ever you get has a 1/4in plug (the big one) with no adapter, dirt and mud gets in there and messes everything up!

Good Luck and HH

Pulltab Parson

OP
OP
Skinsfan

Skinsfan

Feb 14, 2013
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Fisher F4
Garret Pro Pointer
Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Thanks, shame i have these kick ass headphones and they may be useless because of the plug

blaylock

Feb 12, 2013
northeast ms
Detector(s) used
Garret Ace 150
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks, shame i have these kick ass headphones and they may be useless because of the plug

carry them to a music store and they willchange the plug for you at a small fee. guitar amps carry the right jacks.

SusanMN

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2007
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark, Xterra 705, Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I use small headphones that have the 1/8 inch plug, so I have always used the 1/4 adapter that Radio Shack sells, with no problems. I know Fleet Farm also sells them.

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Rule of life # 87 : headphones (even broken ones) are never useless as long as you are married

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread