Headphones

Volume control is one reason, also a coiled cable is much more useful than a straight cable that can tangle with the detector and also can't extend

Last edited:
If they work for you then its ok. I've tried them , but not enough volume in windy conditions, also if your near brushy area they will get hung and pulled from your ears. I like the smaller size with standard plug for summer use as they are light and good impedance from detector internal speaker. Fairly reasonable ones at Radio Shack for $25.

If they work for you then its ok. I've tried them , but not enough volume in windy conditions, also if your near brushy area they will get hung and pulled from your ears. I like the smaller size with standard plug for summer use as they are light and good impedance from detector internal speaker. Fairly reasonable ones at Radio Shack for $25.

Thanks for the info treasure search- have been wondering whether I needed to buy an expensive (ex.-@$100) pair of phones or something less $$$ would work well. I have a R.S. on the other side of town that I'll check out. yelnif...

You can wear earbuds, but the wires aren't durable for catching on branches. You can find some detector headphones from approx $25- $150. As you go up in price, they block out ambient noise, have higher OHM ratings, limiter circuits, and stereo /mono switches for compatibility with various brands of detectors.

Wayne

www.metaldetectingstuff.com

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back