Coils

I have an AT Pro, but I am not sure if the coils are interchangeable. Give Garrett a call and you will know in a couple of minutes, their customer service is A+ in my book.

The Ace series coils are not interchangable with the AT series. They are different frequencies.

Wayne

The Ace series coils are not interchangable with the AT series. They are different frequencies.

Wayne

At pro are interchangeable !!! But u wanna ask for. A couple extra rubber washers bc they wear out with age !! Enjoy your at pro they are good machines

image-1343824948.jpg

I have an ACE 250 and have bought the sniper 4 inch coil I'm going to buy an AT PRO next week and was wondering if the coils are interchangeable? Connections look the same but tech wise I have no idea

Hello jollyone, since you got opposing answers here- what did you find out from Garrett? I't would be nice to know if the were interchangeable or not. HH. yelnif...

Got my at gold yesterday they are not interchangable becouse frequency and adapter is different for being waterproof so I ordered the sniper coil as well

You will love the smaller coil.

Hello Fellow Hunters
I need some help on detector heads.
All I know are the 3 types of detectors and nothing about teaking or modifications.
My unit is a clone 250 Garrett
Question 1 replacing the 8 in. detector head / to a larger size "possible"?
Question 2 is there a plug and play detector head?
Question 3 is there recalibration involved?
I have the Basic operating parameter such as Freq"7.5 khz" VLF, 9 vots @ 80-130 ma., 5 pin connector search head.
I can supply a photo of the mother board also.

Ur probly gonna have to give the name of the exact detector ur using for those questions there are a couple out there that look like one another that aren't interchangeable

Are there any coil interface Engineers on here?
I need a little guidance.

If lightly tapping on the Search Head causes a false signal, would this be an indication of a loose coil windings? all the connections are solid.
Would winding the Center coil from a Circle pattern to a figure 8 improve sensitivity and stability?
What is this Mystery 2nd Winding in the Outer coil of the Search Head? " Bucking coil"?

And also why cant I upload photos on to this thread?

I think the problem is,"sorry to be blunt" you have a piece of Chinese junk that no one even wants to talk about. Frank...

hand print-2_edited-5.jpg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back