Hearing Aids

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Red-Coat

Gold Member
Dec 23, 2019
Surrey, UK
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Homer.jpg

newnan man

Gold Member
Aug 8, 2005
Beautiful Florida
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I need one bad. Right ear has been deaf since I was 10. Now my left is really bad. Trouble is everyone I know who has them, my older brother included hates them. Seems like lots of scams out there too. Going through a real local doctor and then they're very expensive. Hopefully someone will chime in who's knowledgeable.

OP
OP
Gare

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is why i started this thread. I would like to see who uses them and what kind. I realize a LOT of people want them

Almy

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2011
Maritime Provinces
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Cibola
Primary Interest:
Other
I put my 2 hearing aids on every day and wear them all day like I do my glasses. They are as important to living a normal life as the glasses are. Mine are behind the ear Starkeys. I've been using this brand for several years, through 3 or 4 models. They have been very reliable. They are supplied by a local audiologist who gives excellent support, cleaning them, providing earpiece parts when needed, tweaking their programs, giving hearing tests and in a couple of cases sending the units back for service. They are expensive but they work wonderfully and are robust with excellent service. Worth it and a life-changer.

OP
OP
Gare

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I put my 2 hearing aids on every day and wear them all day like I do my glasses. They are as important to living a normal life as the glasses are. Mine are behind the ear Starkeys. I've been using this brand for several years, through 3 or 4 models. They have been very reliable. They are supplied by a local audiologist who gives excellent support, cleaning them, providing earpiece parts when needed, tweaking their programs, giving hearing tests and in a couple of cases sending the units back for service. They are expensive but they work wonderfully and are robust with excellent service. Worth it and a life-changer.
Thank you Almy This is the kind of info i was looking for

OP
OP
Gare

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have 20% hearing. Got my aids from the VA. I think the brand is Phonak ? Wish I had something better!
Thanks Tony I am trying to find out what type i need to purchase

OP
OP
Gare

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would really like to knows if hearing aids helped there detecting ?

OP
OP
Gare

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tony what is your brand name ?

OP
OP
Gare

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks Tony do you know what others will work with blue tooth. I am going to start looking more into these

Tony in SC

Gold Member
Jun 8, 2006
Upstate South Carolina
Detector(s) used
Whites, Minelab, Tesoro, and custom machines
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I don't know any brand names, but several have blue tooth now. The number one benefit for me is using the module to watch TV. I can watch TV with the volume off and still hear it thru my aids, which is great when my little woman is trying to catch up on her beauty sleep!

bc5391

Sep 23, 2016
Southern Arizona
Detector(s) used
Minelab ,XP
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When I was working I wore them all day, but I do not like and never have liked them. They amplify every noise. The VA said I had a hearing loss about 2012 and gave me a set. You never know what you are happy to miss until you put in hearing aids, background noise while you are trying to enjoy a conversation at a restaurant, babies screaming 2 iles away as you are trying to concentrate on a purchase, your wife rambling on about something you could care less about. You get the picture.
The question should be how many of you have hearing aids but do not wear them.

OP
OP
Gare

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
BC5391 do they fit them to your ear or just a generalized design ?
and MANY THANKS for your INPUT !!

Tony in SC

Gold Member
Jun 8, 2006
Upstate South Carolina
Detector(s) used
Whites, Minelab, Tesoro, and custom machines
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
BC5391 do they fit them to your ear or just a generalized design ?
and MANY THANKS for your INPUT !!
Real hearing aids are not over the counter or mail order. They are molded to fit your ear and custom tuned to your hearing loss. I got my first real hearing aids in 2014 and thought they were great but the new set I got last year is far more advanced. I'm hearing things I have never heard, especially my grandkids!

OP
OP
Gare

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Real hearing aids are not over the counter or mail order. They are molded to fit your ear and custom tuned to your hearing loss. I got my first real hearing aids in 2014 and thought they were great but the new set I got last year is far more advanced. I'm hearing things I have never heard, especially my grandkids!
It is HARD for me to JUSTIFY paying $5,000 for a set of hearing aids that might last 2 to 3 years

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread