OP
Gare

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I wore my first set 6yrs they are still good. I just got an up grade. Good luck!!
Thanks Tony you have been most helpful
your friend

Gary

bc5391

Sep 23, 2016
Southern Arizona
Detector(s) used
Minelab ,XP
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Real hearing aids are not over the counter or mail order. They are molded to fit your ear and custom tuned to your hearing loss. I got my first real hearing aids in 2014 and thought they were great but the new set I got last year is far more advanced. I'm hearing things I have never heard, especially my grandkids!
My hearing aids are real, supplied by Uncle Sam (VA) they also supply batteries and fit inside my ear made by Siemens

crashbandicoot

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2020
Dumas,AR
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My hearing aids are real, supplied by Uncle Sam (VA) they also supply batteries and fit inside my ear made by Siemens
Mine,from the VA,are also Siemens.Custom fit and tuned.I hardly ever wear them.Damn things amplify every click,pop and crackel,snaps too. I guess if I,d wear them enough I,d get used to them. My biggest beef is the little knobs to turn them on and adjust volume are so small I can,t get ahold of them with my big beefy fingers and I,m always afraid I,ll twist them off or something.If I,d known I,d live this long I,d have taken better care of my ears.All you young guys take heed,going through life saying huh a lot ain,t no fun.

Almy

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2011
Maritime Provinces
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Cibola
Primary Interest:
Other
I have upgraded my Starkeys twice, about 7 years between each upgrade. All of the original aids still work as well as they did, but are each is a little less clear because technology, especially discrimination (only it's sound, not metal!) improves. I'm pretty sure I could still be wearing my 20 year old aids. Good discrimination filters out much of the unwanted noise and I can sometimes actually hear better than people with normal hearing in noisy environments. However, I don't use my aids when wearing headphones for MDing. For 2 reasons. I lost an aid (but found it later) when I took my headphones off to dig and don't want to repeat that. And my detector is plenty loud enough without the aids in.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread