What's new

Heart Breaker

rock

Gold Member
Joined
Aug 25, 2012
Messages
14,751
Reaction score
8,933
Golden Thread
0
Location
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dang it! What type of base is it? Looks like it was a drill. 100_2185.webp100_2186.webp
 
Upvote 0
Looks like a yadkin base

Johnathan Griswold
 
I was hoping Dalton but I have nothing to compare it to.
 
Down here in South Georgia, had I found that base, I would have called it a Dalton. I have very few quartz points. That material is not really common here. You might find one every now and again like Americus did recently. Your broken point to me looks like an impact fracture - JMO
 
Would be a Dalton here too. That quartz is so alien to me. Can't see the flaking pattern. Is the base ground?
 
It is so hard to see flaking on quartz. You actually have to use a microscope to see some edge work if it is very fine. All I have is a loop. It shows secondary flaking and looks to be ground down. Still hard to get a full pic in a loop though.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom