Heart of Stone...

Sheldon J

Jul 18, 2009
Battle Creek, Mi
Detector(s) used
Mine lab, Garrett, Bounty Hunter,
Long story short, I have a friend that has found a unique rock, when he found it at first it was nothing special, but when he got it wet while placing it in his rock garden he realized it looked like a heart the only thing that has been done to this rock is he as sprayed it with a clear sealer.

This stone has been show to several doctors, nurse and cardiologist, and they all agree all the stuff is there, vessels, fat, connective tissues, multiple chambers, and they were in awe of it. Their opinions are of that is of a deer or pig, but definitely not human.

further that if this proves to be what it looks like, it would be the only one ever found there are no other example know to exist any place else in the world!

Next step is to find someplace to take it to have it looked at internally with out destructive means. You are privileged to be almost the first to see this, so have a look and say what you think of this amazing one of a kind Heart of stone..

Any thougghts or sugestions would be appreciatred...

Download122707293.jpg

Download122707315.jpg

Download122707332.jpg

Download122707319.jpg

Download122707322.jpg

lafatlife

May 14, 2008
CT
It is a cool looking stone, but what do you think it is? A petrified heart of something? I don't think the color would stay if it were. Is it part of a statue perhaps?

Interesting to say the least!!!!

metal mania

Jul 4, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
very interesting indeed could we perhaps have details concerning soil conditions etc as this could perhaps be a ground breaking discovery in terms of preservation. If you get carbon dating Xray testing done please could you update. thanks Metal mania

OP
OP
S

Sheldon J

Jul 18, 2009
Battle Creek, Mi
Detector(s) used
Monday we are going to a place that does private MRI and CAT scans to find out if they will do one for us and how much...

I'm thinking CAT because the MRI uses high intensity magnetic fields and the red would indicate iron as a part of the composition. Soil conditions in MI are mixed at best.

For now the goal is have a non destructive look inside and if the inside is as complete as the out then think of it, a one of a kind never before found in human history fossilized heart....

One doctor that examined it surmised a deer got caught and drowned prior to the last ice age and after freezing the unique conditions helped to fossilize and preserve it.... he claimed it could happen in as little as 100 years under the correct conditions. but this was found in some very old gravels, and could be substantially older, say 65 million years older.....

Paul4x4

Dec 31, 2007
Finland
Detector(s) used
E-Trac/Pro-Pointer/Ace 250
Hmm... Interesting... :icon_scratch:

I would say it's just a weird looking rock, but if even doctors think it might possibly be a heart, then I don't quite know what to think of it... :dontknow:

What ever it is, keep us informed! :icon_sunny:

OP
OP
S

Sheldon J

Jul 18, 2009
Battle Creek, Mi
Detector(s) used
I'm not sure how to start this, so I'm going long version today....

Called the guy and we met at the place that has a CAT machine, at the receptionist we asked if we could use the machine to examine a very unique object, and she flat out said no we do not do that. I then asked if a tech or doctor was on site we could talk to, and she said sure.....
First out came the technician, and when she saw the stone she beamed a huge smile and said sure but she had to ask the doc first...

When he saw it he just kept rolling it over and over in his hand, finally saying "I want the machine set to (max) and give me 10 slices on this face", where as he turned to us and said "Our machine is not designed to look inside rocks, we may seen nothing, if we do that does not mean there is nothing just that we cannot see it...." and we were directed to the waiting room, when they finished they very carefully almost with reverence brought out the stone and handed it back.
It was less than 5 minutes later while we were discussing our next recourse should we need a stronger machine, where and who to go see when the gal came and said the images were ready to come on back, and she was smiling.....

As we went in the room I looked at here and said "is it any good?" and she said "Yes!"
The Doc was sitting at the screen just scrolling though the images with a real serious look on his face saying nothing, then after what seemed an eternity he looked at us and said "This is without a doubt a heart!"

He then proceeded to show us the chambers, how they were shaped, that they were the correct shapes, the heart valves, walls, and all the stuff that needs to be there for it to be a heart. He was to say the very least excited!!!

He explained that he had wished to be a paleontologist but this pays more, and when I requested a copy of the file he said it was on the way. We got his name and signature on some documents showing what had transpired, and left with our adrenalin levels very high….

This is now no longer just a rock but a mineralized heart, one of a kind, none others known to be in existence, a huge and important discovery, and it feels like we won the lottery…

For those of you that were naysayers want some salt to eat your words with…….

lafatlife

May 14, 2008
CT
I don't think any of us were being nay-sayers at all. I think that if it truly is a petrified heart, then that is an awesome find!

Since the possibility is there, if I were you, I would be seeking some legal advice about it. Because of the potential rarity you would not want it to disappear on you.

Congratulations and what a wonderful story to pass on to your children. Make sure you and your friend get the credit for finding it!!

DigginThePast

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Has anyone gone back to the sight to look for more petrified organs or other remains. You could have just the beginning of a very unique find.

extractor

Silver Member
Sep 27, 2007
Sal Sagev Adaven
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC,,,, SOVEREIGN GT,,,, GP 3500,,,,
GB PRO.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Kentucky Kache said:
My X wife called. She wants her heart back.

GOOD ONE , THANKS ! :laughing7: I HAVENT LAUGHED THAT MUCH IN 4 MONTHS :thumbsup:

OP
OP
S

Sheldon J

Jul 18, 2009
Battle Creek, Mi
Detector(s) used
Previous doctors that have seen it guessed it may possibly be a deer or pig but also went so far as to say possibly that of a dinosaur, several postulated theories as to how it could have happened, all of them encouraged him to figure out how to verify it and get it done. The guy has had this rock in his garden for many years, in fact he moved 3 times since he found it, each time taking his rock garden with him to each new home and setting it up. It has just been within the last 3-4 years he realized what it may be, but did not know how to proceed.

He even at one point of time took it to a rock show in Detroit and some thought it looked like one, be but there were the jealous that wanted to take and diamond saw it in half!!! I had told him under no circumstances to let anyone whack away at it that there are other non destructive methods, and he listened. A few wanted to give him a few hundred bucks for it, a couple wanted to e bay it for him as is. but fortunately he was patient enough to wait and let me have a go, N damn this thing is going to set him up for life. Now it is time to lawyer up and get more notoriety and I am again working on that. Basically I have called and e mailed several paleontologist with photos and data, and asking of they would like a look.

I'm sure he would love to go back and look for more but he flat out is not sure where it came from, but more than likely it was in one of the piles of stones he has bought and had delivered to his home to enlarge his rock garden.

You have no idea how many people that he showed it to flat out ridiculed (except the doctors) and insulted the guy leveling all kinds of insults against him, this vindication was a great mental high for him.

olekyground

Bronze Member
Apr 4, 2009
Hardyville, KY
Detector(s) used
garrett A.T. gold

Other detectors: fisher F2/ Garrett ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WOW! Simply PUT. That is an amazing find!! I would definately find a way to get the heart more recognized. You may have really won the lottery if you decide to rid of it!!

Kantuckkeean

Bronze Member
Apr 30, 2009
Cornfield, IN
Detector(s) used
F-22, cheapo pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you very much for posting this! That is absolutely amazing!

Kindest regards,
Kantuck

OP
OP
S

Sheldon J

Jul 18, 2009
Battle Creek, Mi
Detector(s) used
because aparently mineralized material turns a chalky white and all color nearly disappears, we were told that this is another sign of the process that made this and is normal.
Which also could be why no one ever has noted anything like this before, it would just look like a white rock on the ground until it gets wet....

hit80s

Dec 31, 2007
Detector(s) used
ace 250
I have gutted a few deer and that looks like it is fresh!!!! Nice find!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread