What's new

Heartbreak City!

BobGuy

Sr. Member
Joined
Jul 6, 2013
Messages
331
Reaction score
830
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The creek has flooded three times since the end of February so there has been plenty of opportunity to find Arti’s... this is everything that I’ve found so far. Can’t believe I’ve only found one complete point without any dings! Heartbreak city!

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1524270725.998349.webp
 
Upvote 0
That is some pretty material there. Way to go.
 
The second one down on the left looks reworked so maybe it's a whole one too...Nice points!!!!:thumbsup:
 
Wow! I’ve always been jealous of stone material. Around here we have obsidian mostly.
 
If you don't mind saying what state you are in BobGuy?
 
If you don't mind saying what state you are in BobGuy?

Illinois.. we are definitely blessed with pretty material around here.. orange/yellow/tan kaolin chert, pink/red/orange heat treated Burlington and Other stuff that I don’t know how to identify... ha
 
Lot of different stones around here too. Sometimes I wonder if they traded because of the difference of stone....?
 
I'd be real happy with that many creek finds! Some real nice ones there!
 
All in all looks like a nice haul to me.
 
I'd be real happy with that many creek finds! Some real nice ones there!

Do you ever get the feeling that it’s never enough?! :) a few years ago I would have been thrilled with this but now I feel like I need at least a 4” G10 to feel like I had a good hunt.
 
Awesome finds in your creek! I mostly find pottery but once in a while I get lucky and find a point, looks like the opposite for you and you have a great creek to hunt in.
 
Do you ever get the feeling that it’s never enough?! :) a few years ago I would have been thrilled with this but now I feel like I need at least a 4” G10 to feel like I had a good hunt.

It happens about 1 hour after every find(s) when I get home from a field or creek hunt....no matter what I've found. Artifact obsession/addiction/fascination!
 
The big one on the right is a killer and looks intact to me. The base appears to have been intentionally removed with the fracture taken off from left to right hinging out up in the right hand notch. Why it was done is anybody's guess, but it took some expert knapping skills. Nice finds!
 
The big one on the right is a killer and looks intact to me. The base appears to have been intentionally removed with the fracture taken off from left to right hinging out up in the right hand notch. Why it was done is anybody's guess, but it took some expert knapping skills. Nice finds!

My wife and I both thought that was an interesting break. I thought it was snapped during use. Why do you think it was done intentionally? The shape of the break?
 
My wife and I both thought that was an interesting break. I thought it was snapped during use. Why do you think it was done intentionally? The shape of the break?

Not saying that you aren't right. I guess that really bearing down while cutting something could result in that type break. I've just seen that same fracture so many times, I had to wonder. You'd think that if you were cutting hard enough to break it, that there would be some type of damage to the blade edge as well, if not before the stem broke. I would also think that if it broke from too much cutting pressure, that the break would be closer to the notches than out toward the end of the tang. Very nice find, regardless.
 
Just finding anything worked is good now days. Most will have dings to find a perfect one is rare imo. There is usually 1 side worth showing in a frame. My creeks are flooded again and Im hoping this time something nice will washout for me. Ive found my share of broken and ugly thats for sure in 2018.
Looks good from here
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom