What's new

Heartbreak,Knife and ?

DemonCatSpaceStar

Sr. Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2009
Messages
392
Reaction score
516
Golden Thread
0
Location
People of the South Wind
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello, got to the river for a couple hours, hit a feeder creek & followed foot prints but right away found this heartbreaker drill & what I'm calling a tang knife? (input would be nice :laughing7:) & then this not-so-pretty-i-dont-know? :icon_scratch:


Thanks for looking,

8-)
 

Attachments

  • IMG_4745.webp
    IMG_4745.webp
    145.8 KB · Views: 147
  • IMG_4747.webp
    IMG_4747.webp
    145.6 KB · Views: 131
  • IMG_4750.webp
    IMG_4750.webp
    164.5 KB · Views: 120
Upvote 0
All nice artifacts there ! I would call your tang knife a uniface scraper or blade made off a flake, or it could be called a re-touched flake, but it probably has too much nice edge work to just be considered re-touched. The last larger piece looks to me like they were working to thin it down into a biface, when too large of a chunk came off that one side and they probably rejected it, and started another? That looks like a nice feeder creek to keep an eye on, especially since you might have some competition there? HH
 
Flake knife and the last one could be a preform or a tool with a spokeshave on it. With the footprints its probably why you didnt find any points. I know some who wont bend over unless they are whole points.
 
That last one looks an awful lot like one that I found!
 

Attachments

  • IMG_20170217_090820.webp
    IMG_20170217_090820.webp
    805 KB · Views: 100
It always amazes me how many years these can stay in the ground intact. Heartbreakers... Nuff said I know your pain. I got lucky the other day with two 100%ers no brokes.

Any pottery there? I'm guessing early woodland.
 
It always amazes me how many years these can stay in the ground intact. Heartbreakers... Nuff said I know your pain. I got lucky the other day with two 100%ers no brokes.

Any pottery there? I'm guessing early woodland.

yeah, heres a piece I found some time ago on the river :-)
 

Attachments

  • Pottery 1-10-09.webp
    Pottery 1-10-09.webp
    33.9 KB · Views: 96
Last edited:
That last one looks an awful lot like one that I found!

I may be wrong but I'm thinking it/they may be a small Axe/hatchet/tool? If you hold it between two fingers at the hafted area at the base then turn it so your looking at the big end.Imagine a stick hafted to it. Like a modern day hammer.
 
That is a nice shard for sure! I like the detail. Knowledgeable individuals can help date the site based on the designs.
 
The middle piece is a very nice piece.
 
NEW TYPE OF FACE SHAVER..
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom