What's new

Heartbreaker

Age_old

Sr. Member
Joined
Jul 30, 2012
Messages
317
Reaction score
63
Golden Thread
0
Location
Clearwater, Florida
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This one would have been a screamer. The craftsmanship is fantastic. If only it had been whole!!!

I want to see other people's heartbreakers, too. Post your favorite!

( Picked him up in a field in north Florida)
 

Attachments

  • image-824497040.webp
    image-824497040.webp
    29.8 KB · Views: 110
  • image-3882957423.webp
    image-3882957423.webp
    33.1 KB · Views: 101
  • image-32969764.webp
    image-32969764.webp
    36.7 KB · Views: 100
  • image-2208881378.webp
    image-2208881378.webp
    37.8 KB · Views: 115
Last edited:
Upvote 0
Here's mine, it was a killer
 

Attachments

  • image-4123559454.webp
    image-4123559454.webp
    15.1 KB · Views: 115
  • image-4194666798.webp
    image-4194666798.webp
    16.9 KB · Views: 117
Age_old said:
This one would have been a screamer. The craftsmanship is fantastic. If only it had been whole!!!

I want to see other people's heartbreakers, too. Post your favorite!

( Picked him up in a field in north Florida)

Almost occasion 14 . Sorry about that bro.
 
Great thread! I love it and hate it at the same time! This one is raw coral with asphaltum still on the stem. Looks like it hit something very hard. From St. Lucie county fla.

ForumRunner_20120828_203846.webp
 
NC field hunter said:
Almost occasion 14 . Sorry about that bro.

Hahaha there is a reason it's called treasure HUNTING not treasure FINDING lol



Yours almost looks like.........dare I say......a paleo. Shame it's broke!
 
that one hurt, lol
 
Age_old said:
Hahaha there is a reason it's called treasure HUNTING not treasure FINDING lol

Yours almost looks like.........dare I say......a paleo. Shame it's broke!

True! Oh how true! I think it is a paleo piece, but , don't go on my word.
 
Just the tip missing on that knife NC. I got more HBs than wholes. I wish I could upload pics but my pc has no spot for it.
 
rock said:
Just the tip missing on that knife NC. I got more HBs than wholes. I wish I could upload pics but my pc has no spot for it.

Do you think that is a broken paleo piece? I can't decide.
 
It looks like a suawnee with an impact fracture on the tip. Yes that looks paleo
 
That sure does look like a Paleo piece. That rock is not easy to knapp, either.

I have a piece a friend handed me one time. He found it while he was bass fishing in shallow water in lake Thonotosassa. Talk about a piece being found in situ, right? He was in about two feet of water on a kayak, and saw it on the bottom. It was in two pieces laying right there in that soft mud. Like a lot of my friends, he doesn't find much interest in old stone age tools, so gave it to me,

But.

When he got home he glued the two pieces together. I never took the glue off it lol. There are a few chips missing where it broke, but I can just see some stone age guy made because it broke and throwing it into the water.

Sent from my iPad using TreasureNet
 
Yes I do think its Paleo. Not much missing either. You can tell by the flaking on it. When I find something I enjoy studding the flaking on it even if it is just a large flake and not a tool at all. I have a small hill where I have found so many items it is unreal. Lately I have been finding large flakes maybe the size of a quarter to a half dollar made into scrapers. They have the bulb of percussion still on them but have secondary flaking all around the edges. I believe these were hafted at the bulb. These are made from flakes of quartzite. Everyone is a different shape so far. The one I found yesterday is in the shape of a football. I find these type of tools most interesting. I believe and am not positive on this but the older tools made were made from large flakes like the ones I am finding. I have found 1 Transpaleo item there before. Thanks, rock
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom