What's new

Heat treating in the Clovis reduction process...a good read

HEY GTP,
IM NOT SEEING A LINK??
LOOKING FORWARD TO IT.

GOT IT, THANKS!!!
 
?? Is it there? I can see the link...let me know...
 
Most times you have to be a charter member to get the links to stay up.
 
Last edited:
Come on join the site and support it. BE A CHARTER MEMBER its only $20 a yr. I get commission for everyone I get to join. Not really, lol. If you own a business you can advertise it while you are chatting.
 
Supporting the site would be one thing.
This however is one of my pleasures. I wouldn't taint it with business.
Having the moderators leave your link.. has more to do with it being relevant to the topic.. and it not being an advertisement. You don't have to pay for your link to stay up.
Who wants to listen to someone trying to make money on a Native American artifact forum?
 
Last edited:
The authors believed that the beveled bone rods were pressure flaker handles. They speculated that the "bits" that were attached to the beveled ends of the rods were never found because they were probably made from antler and therefore did not survive like bone or ivory would. Hmmm, I'm not convinced..

If Clovis people (and other cultures) could see all the hypotheses about their culture I bet they would be laughing their heads off...

It kind of reminds me of this.
t ead.webp
 
The authors believed that the beveled bone rods were pressure flaker handles. They speculated that the "bits" that were attached to the beveled ends of the rods were never found because they were probably made from antler and therefore did not survive like bone or ivory would. Hmmm, I'm not convinced..

If Clovis people (and other cultures) could see all the hypotheses about their culture I bet they would be laughing their heads off...

It kind of reminds me of this.
View attachment 758996

LOL, I know right....
 
GTP, Where was that picture taken from? I think I remember reading it in Reader's Digest? Best I recall, it had to do with archaeologists digging up a motel in the future? Would like to read it again.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom