hello from a Buckeye in the Hoosier state.

fishinmcc

Jan 8, 2013
Muncie Indiana here. Good luck to all happy hunting. My son found the ring in the sand of grassybranch creek in westfield indiana. It has bill jr in the buffalo. A holstered six gun on one side and maybe an arrowhead on the other, I can't tell. Its made of sheet brass.

ForumRunner_20130303_150321.png

ForumRunner_20130303_150443.png

ForumRunner_20130303_150537.png

ForumRunner_20130303_151103.png

fishinmcc muncie indiana TreasureNet

hamiddetecting

Gold Member
Feb 22, 2012
North Pole
Detector(s) used
Sovereign GT and Excalibur II, Whites, Garrett, Fisher, Alert, MD,Cscope,Tesoro, Compas, XP, Long Rs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OP
OP
fishinmcc

fishinmcc

Jan 8, 2013
Thanks guys m gals. Glad to be here

BigBob

Tenderfoot
Feb 15, 2013
Tucson, Az.
Detector(s) used
BH Lonestar
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I didn't know that ww2 was fought there!! Look at that bomb! Good finds. Neat to here that your son enjoys it too.

Critical Recovery

Oct 31, 2012
Michigan
Detector(s) used
White's MXT pro, MXT and DFX, Fisher F5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In the river by a bridge..... Wonder how it got there.......
First guess?
Weapon used in a crime thrown off of a bridge into the river.
Probably stolen.

I would turn that over to the police.
If you get caught with a handgun (even if it was NOT used in a crime) not registered to you, you are probably going to end up having some 'splaining to do.

OP
OP
fishinmcc

fishinmcc

Jan 8, 2013
First guess?
Weapon used in a crime thrown off of a bridge into the river.
Probably stolen.

I would turn that over to the police.
If you get caught with a handgun (even if it was NOT used in a crime) not registered to you, you are probably going to end up having some 'splaining to do.

Yeah my mother in-law turned it in for me. Pretty sure it was someone I knows mom that tossed it in there.

OP
OP
fishinmcc

fishinmcc

Jan 8, 2013
Yeah my mother in-law turned it in for me. Pretty sure it was someone I knows mom that tossed it in there.

Heard a story from em that she had tossed a pistol off the bridge. Hammer was cocked and a round in the chamber. Don't know if she robbed someone or shot em though. I'd have to guess that's the gun I was told about. I've been pretty thorough in salvaging that area and its the only one I've turned up.

Critical Recovery

Oct 31, 2012
Michigan
Detector(s) used
White's MXT pro, MXT and DFX, Fisher F5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Heard a story from em that she had tossed a pistol off the bridge. Hammer was cocked and a round in the chamber. Don't know if she robbed someone or shot em though. I'd have to guess that's the gun I was told about. I've been pretty thorough in salvaging that area and its the only one I've turned up.

Wow, that's crazy.

I had a Ruger P89 for a few months. It was "ok" as a pistol, but I didn't care for it.

I've never recovered a firearm, but I hunt a lot of farm land and I tend to tune out big iron because it always turns out to be chinks of farm equipment or horseshoes and I have a MILLION of those suckers.

OP
OP
fishinmcc

fishinmcc

Jan 8, 2013
Wow, that's crazy.

I had a Ruger P89 for a few months. It was "ok" as a pistol, but I didn't care for it.

I've never recovered a firearm, but I hunt a lot of farm land and I tend to tune out big iron because it always turns out to be chinks of farm equipment or horseshoes and I have a MILLION of those suckers.

A millions a lot of iron. Its $260 a ton for scrap where I am.

Mortamus

Jun 9, 2012
Southern Callie
Detector(s) used
White's Spectra V3i
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Muncie In. Wow I passed thru there once....that was enough....

There's lots of history by the rivers there..also the canals...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions