Hello from Montana. New to detecting and prospecting but have always been collecting!

dirtyhands59701

Tenderfoot
Oct 20, 2013
Montana
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I figured I better post an intro thread so everyone could know a little about me. I have been gold prospecting for about a year now and in that time have built my own high-banker. While I have not found any nuggets yet, I have accumulated close to 3 grams of finer gold, with some fair sized flakes and a couple pickers. I have wanted a metal detector ever since I can remember. I received one as gift when I was little, but it was a cheesy Radio Shack model which new worked too well. I recently saved up and bought a Garrett AT Gold mainly planning on using it as a gold nugget finder while prospecting. I found myself soon using it for coins and relics and not so much for gold prospecting. Other than a barber dime, buffalo nickel, and few other things, I haven't found anything too exciting in the two months I've owned my md. I have lots of time now that the ground is frozen to do tons of research til springtime. I'm realizing that's what it takes. Plus it's hunting season so I'll be busy out trying to track down an elk. Opening weekend I didn't get any shots off but saw a good size bull and even found my first arrowhead! Guess that's a new collection to start. Thanks for reading!

Hello, and welcome from Louisiana.....

PG16996 (2).jpg

welcome from the forum jester!

Hello and welcome.

pennsylvania.gif
Welcome aboard from the great state of Pennsylvania (USA).
reading_01.gif
You might consider browsing Sub-Forums: Montana for information (i.e., clubs, hunts, finds, legends, maps, etc.) directly related to your state.

Welcome to Tnet. You will learn a great deal on this site on just about anything you can imagine. I Know I have.
Looking forward to your future posts. :thumbsup:
-MM-

Attachments

• Welcome.jpg
    Welcome.jpg
    85.7 KB · Views: 91

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back