Feb 28, 2015
Fullerton CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello All,
I have been fascinated with treasure hunting my entire life (now 47 yrs old) I was hooked by an old gentleman named Cecil Miller when I was 8 years old. He was an engineer in the mining and construction industry and actually worked on the relocation of the London Bridge to Arizona. He made sifters from old push lawn movers, metal detected and collected Rocks and minerals. I was instantly hooked!
Flash forward 39 years, it is sad to say that I never pursued metal detecting. I raised 6 children instead. I am now an empty nester and would love to get into it. If anyone can recommend a detector and maybe a club in my area for training I would greatly appreciate this?

I did however become an above ground treasure hunter. Not just a picker per say but I have used all methods possible to find gold in unsuspecting places.
I have found a Tiffany lampshade being used as a birdbath and rare cars in barns. gold, diamonds, pottery, glass, etc... But hands down I have excelled in watches which I have collected since I was 10 years old. I found my first at a yard sale for a quarter. A Gruen Curvex which I own to this day, in addition to 350 plus others. I don't run out and buy watches. They have to be "finds" for little or fractions of their actual value. The thrill of something of value for nothing, or next to nothing.

I really do want to go underneath. Someone help?
I am very much enjoying the reads of current finds on this site. It is a thrill!

I collect. Cars watches knives guns pottery and glass

Cheers All

Randy

Cheers All

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Welcome Randy,

Thank you for sharing your story.

I also love watches only, own a few, but always on the lookout.

Regards,

Doc

OP
OP
T

trdking

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2015
Fullerton CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What do you have Doc?

el padron

Oct 29, 2010
Southern California
Detector(s) used
The content of this space is contingent upon principals acceptance, execution and or final disposition / funding of an approved product endorsement agreement
Primary Interest:
Other
Hello All,
I have been fascinated with treasure hunting my entire life (now 47 yrs old) I was hooked by an old gentleman named Cecil Miller when I was 8 years old. He was an engineer in the mining and construction industry and actually worked on the relocation of the London Bridge to Arizona. He made sifters from old push lawn movers, metal detected and collected Rocks and minerals. I was instantly hooked!
Flash forward 39 years, it is sad to say that I never pursued metal detecting. I raised 6 children instead. I am now an empty nester and would love to get into it. If anyone can recommend a detector and maybe a club in my area for training I would greatly appreciate this?

I did however become an above ground treasure hunter. Not just a picker per say but I have used all methods possible to find gold in unsuspecting places.
I have found a Tiffany lampshade being used as a birdbath and rare cars in barns. gold, diamonds, pottery, glass, etc... But hands down I have excelled in watches which I have collected since I was 10 years old. I found my first at a yard sale for a quarter. A Gruen Curvex which I own to this day, in addition to 350 plus others. I don't run out and buy watches. They have to be "finds" for little or fractions of their actual value. The thrill of something of value for nothing, or next to nothing.

I really do want to go underneath. Someone help?
I am very much enjoying the reads of current finds on this site. It is a thrill!

I collect. Cars watches knives guns pottery and glass

Cheers All

Randy

Cheers All

Hi,

I was just in San Clemente about two weeks ago. I really like to go there, get a cup of coffee and watch the Coaster go by.

Beautiful little beach town. Somewhat sterile, but none the less classic Southern California.

I'm usually in San Diego County,
PM me If you want some advice pertaining to equipment or if you want to meet up for a hunt.

Last edited:

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
metal_detector.gif
Welcome Aboard Randy! Take a look at Sub-Forums: California for information (i.e., clubs, etc.) directly related to your state.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread