Hello!

Chesapeake

Jul 30, 2021
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello everyone-

I'm new to the hobby, and I'm just making my 1st purchase. I live in southern Maryland, and have always been fascinated with the local history of the area. I'd like to get a metal detector with the primary interest of finding old "relics" and coins. Nothing valuable, but just the local history of what's around a building lot and portion of an old roadbed, etc.

I'm a complete newbie, and was looking along the lines of either a Teknetics T2 Special, Limited Edition Metal Detector, or the AT Pro model.

Does anyone have any thoughts toward either of these units, or any others that may be out there? I'd like to keep the purchase to around $500 if possible, but I've read a lot of good reviews for the Teknetics T2 Special, Limited Edition - which looks to be about $600. The Teknetics T2 Special edition model seems to have been around for quite a few years, but looks like it still might be a good choice.

Does anyone have any thoughts? Thanks for any advice, and thanks for such a great forum-

Mike

CreakyDigger

Gold Member
Jul 23, 2019
Upstate NY
Detector(s) used
White's Spectra v3; Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to TreasureNet! I have not used those machines, but someone here will likely fill you in.

Javadroid

Silver Member
Jul 6, 2017
Northwest Arkansas
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You've found a great place for information and fellow treasure hunters of all kinds -- welcome aboard! :occasion14:

HuntH2002

Bronze Member
May 27, 2018
San Antonio, TX
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
2015 Bounty Hunter Discovery 1100 // 2015 Bounty Hunter Ultra Mag Sharpshooter // 2019 Garrett Pro-Pointer AT
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Welcome Mike from Texas :wave:

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
tn_md.gif
Welcome Aboard Mike! You didn't list your state (or country) in your profile. So, you might consider jumping over to Sub-Forum: Select Your Area.... and selecting location information (i.e., clubs, hunts, finds, legends, maps, etc.) directly related to your state (or country). You might also consider adding your state (or country) to your displayed profile (SETTINGS -> EDIT PROFILE) so if you ask a question, etc. - members may have more success helping you (your location may help etc.)...

tn_metal_detector.gif
2nd - Browse forum: BRANDS - specifically the Teknetics and Garrett for more information...

3rd - Whatever you finally decide on - please consider buying one from one of
tn_02.gif
's Supporting Vendors.

Sandcrab

Jun 14, 2021
Oceanside CA
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, Coiltek 10x5 and 15, Garrett Pro-Pointer AT
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Welcome from SoCal! :hello:

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Welcome to the forum! :occasion14:

claypile

Mar 12, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi there! Welcome to Tnet! Such a great place for all the info we need. Looking forward to seeing you around!

teleprospector

Silver Member
Jul 8, 2007
The Motor City
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Extended Sensory Perception, L-rod, Y-rod, pendulum, angle rods, wand.
White's MXT, Garrett Ultra GTA 500, AT Gold, SCUBA Detector Pro Headhunter, Tesoro Sidewinder, Stingray, 2 box-TF900, Fisher TW-6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome!
Jon from s/e Michigan 8-):cat::occasion14::headbang:

ArfieBoy

Silver Member
Aug 11, 2011
N.E. Oregon
Detector(s) used
Compass X-70, Compass X-80, Compass X-90, Compass Judge 2, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to the forum from northeastern Oregon!

scruggs

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2008
Northern Alabama
Detector(s) used
Whites
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Welcome from Alabama! Good luck with your new hobby and hope you have many good finds!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread