OntarioArch
Sr. Member
- Joined
- Nov 26, 2017
- Messages
- 427
- Reaction score
- 1,172
- Golden Thread
- 0
- Location
- Cayuga County NY
- Primary Interest:
- Relic Hunting
Upvote
0
The white patina on it is a good sign for it being old. I have several from the Great Basib that have that same white patina and I know mine are good because they were given to me by the finder who used to post here.
Let me get a paycheck or two and order me a microscope. Sounds like.... if I am going to continue this hobby....especially for a new guy with limited experience (2 years) and not having looked at AND HELD hundreds and hundreds of artifacts....a 'scope is called for.who would take the time to apply fake patina on a $25 piece?
I just took a closer look with magnification at some of my points and they do have patina in the cracks and crannies just not real white .