I found this knife a while back and it’s been soaking in acv all the blades are toasted but they move again and on the big one I’ve found this mark but I just can’t make out enough to have a guess to what it says, I thought maybe a knife guy would recognize it
I suspected it was an imperial by its shape but I just couldn’t see it till you said it, I was connecting the wrong lines I would have bet there was a w I kept thinking brown or power and I was seeing an h and y in the first word
Here’s the whole thing robot
I don’t know older or newer than 45 that’s what I was hoping the words would give me a clue but it looks like they just confirm it’s an imperial
I found it in a spot I just recently came across I’ve found a handful of square nails and some scraps of metal, these look just like the things I’ve found at a known Indian trade site. Then I found this I don’t think the two are related I’m guessing a hunter or a farmer dropped the knife. Maybe the age of the site lies somewhere in the range where square nails and imperial knives existed and the Indian site connection is a coincidence
It was rusted closed, apple cider vinegar works great, it’s a long and smelly process but it’s yielded the best results for me... although I’ve yet to try electrolysis... I really need to take a before picture