What's new

Help I’d button

lucky92

Jr. Member
Joined
Nov 30, 2017
Messages
56
Reaction score
165
Golden Thread
0
Location
Jefferson City missouri
Detector(s) used
Whites classic sl, Garrett 350, mx sport, equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The other day I dug a button at a 1800s house found a shield nickel and this button I think it’s an infantry button please help it’s one piece convex back says best quality
 

Attachments

  • 05C86D93-25CD-490F-9073-FFFECD97DC16.webp
    05C86D93-25CD-490F-9073-FFFECD97DC16.webp
    46.8 KB · Views: 79
  • 6AD83211-4E97-4641-9AA0-AB4271DACDD3.webp
    6AD83211-4E97-4641-9AA0-AB4271DACDD3.webp
    63.8 KB · Views: 77
Last edited:
Awesome find! Now I'm sure someone on here can tell u exactly what button that is, it just isn't me.
 
Upvote 0
I stands for Infantry, looks like a Federal Eagle Infantry Button. Now as for the back mark, hell if I can't make it out.
 
Upvote 0
Nice button.Congrats :occasion14:
 
Upvote 0
The “Best Quality” backmark is listed as a 20mm button, dating to 1821-early 1840’s. Albert’s # GI 79, or Tice’s GI200(c)
 
Last edited:
Upvote 0
Lucky, you do indeed have an Eagle I Infantry button, and a nice one. Congrat's. Nice call nhbenz on the ID. I unfortunately don't have a button book, but thought that this predated the War of Northern Aggression. This is a great find and a nice addition to your collection.
 
Upvote 0

Similar threads

Replies
12
Views
1K
  • Question Question
🔎 UNIDENTIFIED Pre civil war?
Replies
6
Views
592

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom