What's new

Help Identify Button!

Shark.tooth

Jr. Member
Joined
Feb 11, 2020
Messages
63
Reaction score
114
Golden Thread
0
Location
New england
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace/ Bounty Hunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey guys this piece I found at an old carrage stop. Ive found many other buttons and buckles here. This one I can really make out the image and seems to be in good shape. Can anyone help me identify it?
 

Attachments

  • received_220192225778196.webp
    received_220192225778196.webp
    28 KB · Views: 93
  • received_534776080496591.webp
    received_534776080496591.webp
    19.5 KB · Views: 89
It's an etched tombac button and likely dates between 1760 and 1790. Some are plain, but the tombac alloy is relatively soft so many have elaborate circular or geometric patterned engravings.
 
Upvote 0
Really nice looking button. It's in great shape.
 
Upvote 0
That thing is heavy duty and wicked cool!
 
Upvote 0
Paleomaxx is dead on right! 18th century dandy button, and a dandy at that!
 
Upvote 0
Civilian tombac button
mid 1700s
Just a pretty flower design.
 
Upvote 0
Dandy find good I'd that's an oldie
 
Upvote 0
Thanks guys really appreciate it!
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom